Desperate but no options

Grits75
on 6/19/15 9:14 am

I'm new to this forum. I'm about 100 lbs overweight. I'm a 40 y/o wife and mother of 2 great kids (DD-11, DS-7). I recently lost my job which didn't cover WLS but I'm hopeful that I'll find a new job soon and that my new coverage will include this as a benefit. 

My ultimate dream is to find a sustainable way to lose and keep the weight off without surgery. 

I'm interested in hearing suggestions. 

mjctexas2015
on 6/19/15 11:16 am

Hey.. I just replied to the post you left on my page... I hope it helps you. 

MaronitaMay
on 7/28/15 12:37 am

I mentioned this in another post in response to another person who posted a similar thing to you.  You may ant to try Overeaters Anonymous (OA).  At one time, I went to OA and lost 100 lbs. in six months and kept it off for seven years.  You may also want to consider Taekwondo (a form of martial arts).  When I participated in Taekwondo, I was losing 20 lbs a month.  I was going five days a week for one hour.  I've always had trouble with gyms as it seems no matter how much I exercised I never seemed to lose weight and therefore lost incentive to go.  I found it easier to do Taekwondo as it was not only easier to lose weigh,t but I got excited about attending as I progressed passing each test and getting a new belt color.  As a bonus, I learned self-defense moves.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 336 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 464 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 673 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 883 views