Teen weight loss

mirae
on 8/20/19 2:00 pm

Hello,

I am new here. I just wanted to know if anyone has any tips for losing weight quickly. I recently turned 18 and want to get into shape. I'm quite overweight. I've tried dieting and cutting out sugar and junk it does work but i have a tendency of saying "i'll treat myself today and get back on track tomorrow." and the cycle continues. I'm going to start to do cardio everyday but i need help on my eating.

So, any advice would be appreciated!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 8/22/19 12:19 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Weighing, measuring, and logging your food can help a lot. Try something like MyFitnessPal, it's free and a lot of people use it. Keep yourself to a calorie goal; seeing it written down is really good for accountability.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Dee_Caprini
on 1/10/20 3:30 pm

Does your doctor have a nutritionist in-house that you can speak to you for your specific needs or concerns? I agree with logging. I have used LoseIt! in the past and it is very helpful with seeing things and showing to my doctor whenever I have been in a funk... Have you had bloodwork recently? are they monitoring various things like thyroid functionality? I would work out constantly but my thyroid was out of wack for a lot of my teens/20's and once I was able to regulate it, things started working and feeling better everywhere else.

If you are cleared to start by a medical professional, ask if you can go on the "Liver Shrinking" diet or Pre Surgical diet... Protein Shake for Breakfast, Protein Shake for Lunch and a 4-6oz lean protein and a leafy or green vegetable for dinner. Typically, that will jump-start weight loss, but you have to stick to it. I was on it for almost 5 months prior to my actual surgery date and lost over 50 pounds (being monitored by my doctor). There were some days where I would swap out a protein shake for another piece of lean protein with a salad but typically, stuck to the typical daily routine. even with going out... if I knew I would be having lunch out that day, I would swap my lunch for dinner.

That incorporated with a light or moderate exercise routine will hopefully get you moving in the right direction if surgery is not for you.

Eating like a bariatric patient doesn't hurt either! High Protein, Low Carb, Low Sugar, Low Fat

SuMari
on 2/12/20 8:33 am

Hello, I am in the beginning stages of applying for surgery so I am kind of in the same boat you are in trying to find healthier alternatives.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 335 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 461 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 671 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 881 views