Joining the Board

bra1ny1
on 8/26/05 12:57 pm - Austin, TX
I'm very happy that this board has been created. I am new to this site, having just discovered it earlier this week, but I had already noticed what others have said about feeling left out because I'm not planning on having WLS. I am presently on a mostly liquid diet of Slim-Fast with the occassional extra protein and fat (recommended by my doctor). I am down a total of 25 pounds since I got serious about losing weight earlier this year (I got unserious a month later). I just restarted about a week ago and have lost about 8 pounds so far. I look forward to seeing more posts from other people, or repeated posts from the folks that have already joined. The only surgery I plan on having (if I still need it after I lose) is to have my breasts reduced. I am currently carrying approximately 10 extra pounds on my chest and it hurts like the dickens. Anyway, look forward to chatting with everyone more... Andrea
c&j's Maw-Maw
on 9/1/05 9:54 pm - Pulaski, TN
Welcome and congratulations on your weight loss1 It's a long hard road.....a tough one to travel! Maybe we can all just help each other continue to put one foot in front of the other! I plan to have breast reduction too. I had a consult with a surgeon last year but he wouldn't do the surgery until I lose some weight! I've lost 35 pounds and kept it off since March.....but need to lose about 220 more pounds! (doesn't that sound daunting?) Kandy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 328 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 456 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 665 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 874 views