it's about time this non-op forum was created

Just M.
on 9/2/05 12:14 am
Been a long time member of OH from way back in 2003. Went through pre-op testings, found I am not a safe WLS candidate, learned to deal with it and moved on. I felt so out of place because I realize the support that I seek from various boards here such as the main and even my state was not there for me and many times ignored. It was mostly a cheerleading party for those that got approved or had their surgery, but none for me and see many of my post unanswered and so I dropped my membership altogether. I gave support to so many, but it was not reciprocated. I would drop by, did not find members that was known like me to be non-op, although this place say in its title morbid obesity support, yet the main emphasis of the members here was for weight loss surgery pre and post-ops. So I left. Then I found they have created this section that was long OVERDUE and am glad it is here. My journey has been difficult and trying not to gain weight. I went form 55.4 to what I am now 47.2 I am working hard not to gain weight. So hello everyone and hope I get to know you all and share in our struggles that is one through the conventional non-surgical way. Sarah
Maren McGregor
on 9/2/05 5:17 am - Southwest, WA
VSG on 10/17/07 with
Sarah, Welcome back. While my experience with the main board and been a very positive one, I agree that we needed a place of our own. The WLS folks have always been very supportive of me but the reality is that we have very little in common once they are post-op. I hope you find support and commonality here. Blessings, Maren
kbanks
on 9/2/05 5:35 am - Springfield, MO
Welcome Sarah! Kim
Donnamarie
on 9/2/05 12:46 pm - NY
Welcome to the board Sarah, I hope your experience here is a bit more satisfying then before. Donna
Jessica D.
on 9/8/05 12:40 pm - Edmonds, WA
Hi Sarah, I'm Jessica. Nice to meet you!! You're right, this messageboard is LONG overdue. I'm really glad to have a place that all the members are not cheering on post-ops or talking about their new post-op diets. Not that I'm against it, because everyone deserves support. But, in our case, we know we're not getting the surgery, so going to the boards to get support for that is fairly useless... So, here we all are!!! Doing our thing, and trying our best to lose this weight!! Where are your from? Are your weight numbers in kilos? I don't know the conversion, because all I know is pounds. I've been on my diet since June 10th. I'm down from 302# to 266.5#!!! Yippee! Jessica
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 336 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 464 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 673 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 883 views