Recent Posts

Liz J.
on 6/7/19 9:19 am
DS on 11/29/16
Topic: RE: Liquid diet - What did you wish you would have been told before starting?

I was on an all liquid diet for 2 weeks prior to my surgery date. I had already done my 6 month diet and still need to lose a little more. That's why most of us go on the liquid diet, not as part of the supervised diet.

As for experience, I hated it! It was very hard to stay on it, I did, it was just so hard for that two weeks. It was easier for the 3 weeks post-op, as I wasn't hungry at all.

Hope this helps.

HW: 398.8 SW:356 GW: 175 CW:147

btm61
on 5/9/19 3:05 pm
Topic: RE: Liquid diet - What did you wish you would have been told before starting?

It's impossible to achieve long term results on an all-liquid diet. Don't waste your time or money.

Gwen M.
on 5/3/19 12:36 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

What are you hoping to achieve with this?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

MySlideShowLife
on 4/22/19 4:17 pm
Topic: Liquid diet - What did you wish you would have been told before starting?

Hi I am new here (this is my 1st post)

I'm considering starting a all liquid diet which hopefully will be medically supervised if we can get my insurance to approve it (we're working on that) ...but anyway what do you wish you would have been told before starting? Please share your experience good or bad & product recommendations.

Thanks ?

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/17/19 3:36 pm
Topic: RE: How much water should I drink per day to be healthy?

I aim for 100-120 oz and most of the days I get that. I am careful not to get too much, but not too little either. Following diet to lose weight can cause constipation, do drinking more water really can help with that.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

btm61
on 2/14/19 3:59 am
Topic: RE: How much water should I drink per day to be healthy?

Michelle, it depends on your current weight and your current levels of exercise. My advice is to check with a Professional Nutritionist, preferably one with a degree in the subject, to see what they say. My Nutritionist recommends 88 ounces for me on a daily basis, but that takes those two variables into account. As noted int he other post 64 is recommended on a daily basis in normal situations, but other variables also alter that amount.

btm61
on 2/14/19 3:54 am
Topic: RE: Fad diets Fail

Julia, I weighed in yesterday with our clinic's Nutritionist and was really happy to learn that I had lost 11 pounds since my last weigh in on January 2nd. The numbers continue to work for me. I am loving the strength routine our Trainer has me on, working one major muscle group every other day so it is much more intense and physically draining The journey continues. Have a great day everyone and may 2019 be your best year yet.

btm61
on 2/14/19 3:53 am
Topic: RE: Fad diets Fail

Julia, I weighed in yesterday with our clinic's Nutritionist and was really happy to learn that I had lost 11 pounds since my last weigh in on January 2nd. The numbers continue to work for me. I am loving the strength routine our Trainer has me on, working one major muscle group every other day so it is much more intense and physically draining The journey continues. Have a great day everyone and may 2019 be your best year yet.

btm61
on 2/14/19 3:34 am
Topic: RE: Things I'm learning

It's now February 14 and yesterday met with our Nutritionist and our LPN. I was pleasantly surprised to find myself down 11 pounds from my January 2 weigh in. I say pleasantly because I wasn't sure what to expect. I have been doing my fitness routine religiously and stuck to the process but I wasn't seeing the results on the scale. I'm sure that just about all of us have experienced those plateau's, you work and work and work, but nothing seems to be happening. Our Trainer kept reminding me that it was all about the process and to keep focusing on that so I have continued to trust the process. I also made some changes to my eating regarding my snacks and went back to what had worked for me the last half of '18, more fruits and veggies, good Protein bars ( I like the Quest bars) and I ramped up the intensity of my workouts. I cut my arc trainer workouts by 10 minutes per session but increased the resistance and incline settings and I still burn around 450 calories per workout. I also added a second 30 minute Circuit Training session at Planet Fitness every week to help keep my weekly calorie burn up.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 335 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 461 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 671 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 881 views