Carnation Instant Breakfast

Michelle B.
on 6/28/06 11:28 am - Pennsauken, NJ
I had been reading that the sugar free is good to drink. I was just on their website, and it's showing "No sugar Added" not sugar free. There is sugar in this. Do they really make a sugar free version as opposed to no sugar added?
marcoislandmom
on 9/3/06 6:48 am - Naples, FL
The sugar in Carnation IB is that sugar that is naturally recurring in any milk -- that is lactose. I personally cannot tolerate any lactose at all, but when they say no sugar added, they are simply telling you that they are giving you milk fortified with milk and milk proteins, flavoring, and artificial sweetner. IB is not sufficient as a protein drink. My doctor recommended in his paperwork that you add 1/4 to 1/2 C eggbeaters (don't use raw eggs, this stuff is pasturized) to the mix.
Diminishing Dawn
on 10/7/06 2:33 am - Windsor, Canada
When you are looking at a product, look to see how many grams of sugar per serving are in the product. If it is 2 grams or less per serving then you should be able to tolerate it. If there are more than 2 grams of sugar, look at the label (Nutrition Information) and find out what ingredients are adding to the sugar content. The No Sugar added is the one you want. The sugars in this are maltodextrin, aspartame, and natural milk sugars. These should be fine for most gb patients and should not cause dumping. Dawn
Karyn
on 1/20/07 4:42 am - Flagstaff, AZ

I just avoid it--I don't need the added sugar of milk--isn't it 12 or 14 gms per serving?  There are so many great protein shakes out there that I can mix with water, why bother?    Karyn

Karyn
RNY-9/03
Cedars Sinai
271 to 125
SparklingSue
on 5/25/07 2:24 am - Spokane, WA
Hi Karyn!  Can you tell me what bands of protein shakes you use ans mix with water?? Most of the recipes I have found use milk.  Thanks!
Glitter Text Generator 
Believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands! If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it!
Karyn
on 5/25/07 6:34 am - Flagstaff, AZ
Hi Sue, I love these the best and I get them from www.Vitalady.com, where I get a lot of my stuff.   You can also find some at Vitamin shoppe.  You can try out "samples" at the vitalady site for a dollar or 2 each. Champion Whey Stack--Chocolate, Cocoa Mochachino, Banana and Cookies & Cream. I like the Syntex Fuzzy Navel and a Berry one too, but I don't use them much anymore.  6 oz of cold water 1-2 cubes of ice (my husband likes to put more ice and less water to make it thicker) 1 1/2 scoops of protein (30 grams) Some sugar free syrup that I get from Smart & Final or Vitalady or Cost Plus World Market or Sam's Club Blend (in my Magic Bullet blender) Yummy!   If you like an even thicker shake, try Champion Pro-Score chocolate flavor.  It's more expensive , tastes like a malt and is even better for you.   I do 2-4 of these shakes per day and I am doing really well.  Got down from 275ish to 130ish and feel great! Karyn I have never missed the milk, but you might at first since you are used to it .  Try using more powder and less water.
Karyn
RNY-9/03
Cedars Sinai
271 to 125
Most Active