Desperately Need Help

Nancy J.
on 7/30/06 6:59 pm - Waialua, HI
Aloha, I was 208 before surgery last July. I was a Kaiser patient at the time and they took over a year to get us all prepared for surgery. Classes, nutritionist, support groups, etc. As of January 1 st we changed insurance to BCBS and I don't have the doctors or support group that I need. My problem is I have lost too much wieght and I don't know hot to stop it. I'm down to 115 and am practically skin and bones. I am 5'4''. I haven't weighed this since high school. I am trying to get a high calorie protein shake in and other high protein foods. The problem is I can only eat very small amounts of food and can't tolerate dairy. I have tried to force myself to eat but I just can't. At times I can only get two bites in before I'm full. I can see that my hair and nails are starting to show the effects of this and I'm scared. Please, any suggestions on how I can eat more calories and get my protein in? Please.
Rejoicing 2B free
on 8/3/06 1:28 pm - southern states
Hi Nancy, Have you tried a liquid protein called PROFECT it is 2.7 oz. 25 gr. protein 0 fat 0 carbs comes in fruit flavors My friend uses it alot : the website is www.protica.com You may want to tell your doctor that you are able to only eat a couple of bites in per meal. He may want to advise you. Best wishes, Mary
Ready4 AChange
on 9/27/06 9:40 pm - Upper Chichester, PA
Do you have any support groups near by ? JUST MY OPINION... ..if you need to gain maybe try to add more carbs into your meal . You may need to see your pcp or surgeon if you are still having problems getting food in. Good Luck, Sandy
Most Active