MAGNESIUM

shoegirl1023
on 9/6/11 2:28 am - Solon, OH
I was told that magnesium is a good source of sleep aid when taken at night and was wondering if anyone is aware of this and if it's ok for us to take. Does it absorb?  I have taken many other sleep aids but would like to go the natural route if possible and have tried many of those also but they do not work for me. The only thing that works for me right now is Ambien.

Thanks

JOANNE 
OH Support Group Leader
My local support group meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month - please message me for further information

We are on a continuous journey without a destination

pattymac65
on 2/21/12 10:45 am
Hey... I know this is an old post but I just searched for magnesium and this came up.  Wondering if you ever got an answer?  Did you try magnesium?  I've been on Ambien for 3 months.  Still don't sleep thru the night either!  Asked at Whole Foods today and the lady said magnesium might help.  Would love to get off the Ambien and sleep thru the night too!

Thanks!

shoegirl1023
on 2/21/12 9:32 pm - Solon, OH
I never did try the magnesium as I hear it can cause diahrear, so I am still taking the ambien, it really is the only thing that helps me sleep through the night and it knocked me out after about 15 mins or so of taking it. 

I have been thinking how I would love to get off it too, but then think if it's helping why bother.  I have tried other stuff like Melatonin and even Tylenol PM at times but it does nothing!

How long have you been taking the Ambien and do you take the regular one or the CR?

Thanks

JOANNE 
OH Support Group Leader
My local support group meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month - please message me for further information

We are on a continuous journey without a destination

Most Active