Weight gain after pregnancy and other stuff help!

sherry R.
on 2/28/12 2:47 am
Hello all,

Here is the situation, I had my daughter in july 2010.. i was 214 before prego.. original weight 320 surg weight 291. 

Now i am 242.. and hating it. I am one of those freaking cases where i am alergic to artificial sweetners so i cant do diet sodas ( which i love , i miss u diet mt dew, i want one now.. i may get one to night and drink it before bed just to see if i have the same reaction, anaphalic shock, throat swells close nose swells close. i keep benadryl on hand btw) .. so i have been using sugar. I do not have the dumping that most people have with sugar who has had wls.

So here is the thing i have ordered me some unjury protein. and its on the way..

does anyone know of a detox recipe or something like that where i can strip my system of this sugar and caffiene and restart my healthy eating again? please help
Your faith is stronger than you think.  - my Mom
Weight: initial-320, , surgery- 291.2 now -205 had baby july 1, 2011 Regained to 242 (due to unemployment)  t goal weight _ what ever it ends at.
H.A.L.A B.
on 3/19/12 2:38 am
You can try to follow a low fat Atkins induction diet.  2-3 weeks.  First week- expect to get headaches and such.  But week 2- 3 - get s better. If I were you - I would try to give up one thing at a time - caffeine or sugar - not both ( I would start going sugar free)

When I want to do that - I try to follow modified semi liquid diet. I may drink a few protein drinks, maybe have 1- 2 low carbs protein bars (like natural quest bar) followed by a low carb - high protein meal at at the end of the day. (I do 6-7 small meals a day)

i.e.
Coffee + unsweet almond milk, stevia
protein shake ( water or unsweet almond milk base)
protein shake
lunch: green salad with some fish or meat or hard boiled eggs
protein shake
dinner: low carb veggies + proteins
LNS: protein shake or protein bar.

Drink a lot of water to flush the system.

I can't drink plain water -
and since I do not tolerate artificial sweeteners - I use stevia, orhot teas, cold teas, or drinks with natural sweeteners (Sobe water - 1/2 -1/2 with water; or Vitamin Zero natural water, again - mixed with plain water)
When  am "detoxing"  try to make sure I get 100-150 oz of liquids. And all my vitamins and minerals. Some nice hot bath helps with the aches and relaxes me.  

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active