Soy protein powder

lelagoddess
on 8/8/12 11:50 am
Hi all,  I'm looking for recomendations for the best soy protein powders out there.  Or really any non-whey powders.   If this has been collected elsewhere, if someone can point me there, I'd appreciate it.

My surgery is in less then a month and I'm trying to be prepared!

Thanks all!

2Julykids
on 11/26/12 5:33 am - AZ
DS on 11/12/12
Don't recall brand, but Soy Isolate in bright orange tub at Hi Health is AWFUL!! Like eating dirt, awful- it doesn't dissolve at all.

I can tolerate the chocolate Egg White Protein powder from Jay Robb, but after 2 weeks on it and water, I can't call it "good". I am going to try the vanilla to make a "smoothie" type of drink as soon as I get clearance to add fruit. My biggest problem with the Jay Robb is that a "serving" is 12 oz fluid which I can't even begin to imagine, so I have been doing the full scoop in 8 oz water, but that makes the texture a challenge!

The other hard thing is shopping for it because everyone assumes I am simply lactose intolerant when I say "I can't have ANY dairy". I have lived with this particular digestive tract a Long time. I know that whey, casein, lactose, ANY dairy feels like Montezuma's revenge!

X

Most Active