5 years out - I need a way to lose more!!

Butterfly117
on 9/18/12 4:35 am - Coram, NY
Been gone a while, but I'm back to celebrate my FIVE YEAR SURGIVERSARY. Yay ME!!

I've maintained my 120 pound loss over five years. I had gained back about 20 pounds, but lost 10 of it. So now I want to lose the final weight. And I come across people who say, 'Maybe THIS is your set weight. Maybe your body is telling you this is it' and they JUST DON'T GET IT. I want the final victory. I want the tiny body. Right now I am NORMAL and believe me, that is a good good feeling. My health is great. No co-morbidities. I have never regretted my surgery.

BUT - I do not eat artificial sweeteners. I use Stevia. Do you realize how difficult it is to find foods, shakes, etc. that do not use Splenda?? I need to plan, cook, and eat. I need a way to eat without using anything FAKE. I can't use Toriani syrup in place of 'the real thing' - all it does is create terrible cravings for me.

I am SO carb sensitive, milk intolerant -- Some days I want to bang my head against the wall. I exercise and watch what I eat. I cook good, healthful meals. I weigh and measure. I am a master of maintaining, but I want to lose those last 30 to 50 pounds. Don't tell me I'll be too thin. I see my thighs. I see the jiggling. I know I can be me but BETTER.

Anyone out there that can help an old veteran like me?? Anyone have a nutritional, healthy way to do this with real foods? I will NOT give up. What makes me a little upset is that this battle NEVER ends (at least for me). Surgery was my life-saver, but I am always going to have to fight this battle.

Help!

Linda

Joy L.
on 10/12/12 3:36 am, edited 10/31/12 9:49 am - Lawrenceville, GA

Girl, I'm right there with you.  I need to lose more to get to where I need to be too.  I just started the Back-On-Track program through Bariatric Resource Centers and I am back-on-track.  It sounds like you are doing well and haven't put a lot of weight back on. 

I just want you to know that others are in your shoes.  Take care and best of wishes to you my friend.

Joyful

Joyful                             
RNY - 6/3/08 
Start-328.8  Now 239 Goal 165

mothersuprior_5
on 11/11/12 7:15 pm - waukesha, WI

HI!

I had my revision about 6+ years ago.  I have kept off all that I have lost.  I know weigh 232, however I used to weight 364.  I went to Mexico for my surgery so I didn't have any follow up support care.  Here is my question, what is the "back on track' program you are talking about?  Also, do you know, if I would resume a protein shake in the am and the pm would that help jump start the weight loss again?  Or am I too far out for that?

Thank you,

Cheryl

(deactivated member)
on 2/27/13 2:11 am
divine1
on 7/13/13 11:31 am - KS
What is the back on track forum?
I'm 9 years out and needing to lose my regain!!
Thanks much.
Rachel
AliciaDDG
on 10/13/12 11:37 am
I know how you feel. I lost 141lbs.Now I am up 20lbs and very aggrivated.
Butterfly117
on 10/13/12 1:54 pm - Coram, NY
Thank you for replying. I am very good at maintaining. The problem is getting more off! I have an appointment coming up with the surgeon. When I had my surgery, I was told I would gain some back after about 18 months. It took me 3 years. I've worked most of that regain off - but I am STUCK. Funny thing is, jeans that were tight are comfy. The exercise helped firm me up, but the scale does NOT move.

Thanks again for the responses. I know we are not alone!
(deactivated member)
on 3/7/13 2:37 pm - Gilbert, AZ

Diet pills are always recommended whenever you go for a diet plan, but these diet pills should be taken with precautions, and should not be the sole reliant, you should also plan your meals accordingly, skipping meals is not the way to lose weight, that is a way to lose health, have your meals, go for a healthy diet and eat as much as your appetite needs. Go for an ample amount of vegetable in your diet they have high fiber values helping you stay full for longer and less calories. Fast diet pills, as the name itself suggests are a fast track way to achieve weight loss, but still they don’t work miraculously, of course they are a good way to lose weight fast, maybe the best, but still you require your healthy meals, time management of your food, manage work outs too with it.

Most Active