HELP!!!!!!*DEPO SHOT /WEIGHT GAIN*ADIPEX-P*!!!!!!

MMB29
on 1/20/15 11:39 am - Bensalem, PA

I had my surgery done almost 5 years ago. Pre-op weight was 326lbs. I hit my goal weight 2 years ago which was 135 but decided I could afford to lose another 10lbs. So I have maintained my weight of 125lbs for over a year now. I have poly cystic ovaries and I am still having trouble finding a birthcontrol (pill form) that regulates my period. In October my gyno suggested the Depo for the first time. I had my first shot in Oct & my second one in Dec. I have never gained back any weight since I have had my surgery nor have I ever had any weight gain with any forms of birth control until now. I haven't changed my calories intakes or diet or my exercise routine in fact after I noticed weight gain I went even healthier (If that's even possible) and increased my cardio and I haven't lost a pound. Since I have been on the depo I have gained 20lbs. I am VERY upset by this! I know some people say they gain back 20 to 50lbs but I have and make a conscious effort NOT to be that group that does. My family physician suggested ADIPEX-P. I just started taking it today with no side effects. HAS ANYONE EXPERIENCED THIS AMOUNT OF WEIGHT GAIN WITH THE DEPO SHOT? ALSO HAS ANYONE TRIED ADIPIX-P (POST OP) AND HAS IT HELPED ETC? ANY FEED BACK ON EITHER QUESTIONS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!! THANKS!!!!! :)

(deactivated member)
on 1/24/15 1:38 pm

I am a biologist specialized in cellular and molecular biology.  ADIPEX-P is a sympathomimetic drug which means it imitates what the sympathetic system does. It sends messages from the brain to the spinal cord, with time your body gets used to the synthetic drugs, that when you stop taking it the body takes time to produce  the normal hormones.  So that's why your weight keeps fluctuating back and forth.  If you need any additional help please don't be afraid to write me. 

(deactivated member)
on 2/8/15 4:49 pm

Extra weight is painful for our daily life. But if we carefully maintain weight loss process, we are successful loss weight. here is some easy tips for loss weight.

First, making great meal plan
Second, eating natural foods
Third, understanding all risk of low carb life
Fourth, taking paleo diet program
Fifth, take raw diet program
Sixth, take Sonoma diet program and
Last, do simple aerobic/cardio workou

Here is more and effective weight loss tips.

Most Active