Pre-op pantry cleaning

tattitude
on 10/9/15 3:15 pm

What did you do with all the "no-no" food in your fridge/pantry prior to having WLS?

I have boxes of Mac n Cheese and boxes of pasta, soups, cheese sauce, french fries and breaded fish and pork fritters, cereals, popcorn and more high sugar/fatty/unhealthy foods. I can't just throw it all away!

I am so fortunate (not!) that once I started eating high protein/low carb/low fat diet, I actually gained 14 pounds and surpassed my highest weight ever. The Bariatric nurse said I probably wasn't eating enough so my body started hoarding.

Ticker 87883

Height:  5' 8"  Initial Consultation:  10/6/2015  HW:  286.5   CW:  277

MelodyMay
on 10/9/15 6:48 pm
RNY on 03/01/16

Food bank?

heather0213
on 10/14/15 12:32 pm

I am gluten free (I have celiac disease) and so is my Dad. A lot of my foods were gluten free so I just gave my dad 2 big bags full of stuff and said "here you go!" He was thrilled! LOL! I like the food bank option mentioned. I don't know...I also found it freeing to just open the garbage and throw stuff away too! Up to you!

tcsr72
on 10/16/15 10:12 am

I gave some to neighbors. I left some on the counter at work for whoever wanted to take it. The Food Bank is a great idea or you can also donate to a church. DART was doing "Stuff the Bus", but not sure if that is still going on now.

Most Active