My Fitness Pal App

kyzze
on 8/17/16 6:06 am
VSG on 12/29/15 with

Does anyone have the premium version of MFP and if so is it worth buying?

Kyzze

LolaW
on 8/21/16 3:29 pm

As of today I have not purchased the new version. If you do end up trying it, please let me know the REAL difference. 

bruindiva92
on 8/21/16 10:21 pm
Revision on 03/29/17

I have the premium version. I like how I can select calorie counts for specific days. Will I purchase it for year 2--probably.

ManyBlessings
on 9/12/16 3:52 pm - Clermont, FL

Hi Kyzze, 

I have the premium version. I think whether or not it's worth it to you depends on what you are looking for.

There are things about MyFitnessPal that are frustrating to me that upgrading to premium did not fix.

Like...

(1) being able to directly share recipes with your friends like you can on LoseIt

(2) being able to scan directly into "my foods" rather than having to type in each thing (which is hard with fresh fruits and veggies)

(3) being able to transfer foods from "frequent" or "recent" to "my foods"

(4) the fact that when you add a food item to your diary you can scan it, but it doesn't add it to the "my foods" library

(5) the fact that foods filed under "frequent" and "recent" are neither frequent nor recent LoL. 

That being said, I like MyFitnessPal better than LoseIt. And there are useful things that come with premium. 

(1) Your nutrient dashboard. You can choose "default" which shows remaining food, exercise and calories, "Macro-nutrients" (which is what I have it set on... shows my remaining calories and macro-nutrients for the day at the top of my dashboard page), "heart healthy" showing fat, sodium. cholesterol and calories, "Low Carb" which will show remaining carbs, sugar, dietary fiber and calories, and "Custom Summary" where you can select any 3 nutrients to track.

(2) Different goals by day. Allows you to set different calorie and macro-nutrient goals for any day of the week.

(3) Macro-nutrients by gram. Set macro-nutrient goals by gram or by percentage.

(4) Exercise calorie settings.You can set this to track your exercise with or without increasing your daily calorie goals.

(5) Food analysis (which I love). Shows you which foods rank highest in the nutrients you care about.

(6) Quick add macro-nutrients. If you know how many calories you ate, you can use the "quick add" function to enter that amount into the diary without having to search for the specific foods you ate.

(7) Macro-nutrients by meal. Lets you fiddle with your diary page. Show Macros by meal or not, show all meals in diary tabs, use multi-add as your default, show diary food insights, always show water in diary or not, show news feed on the home tab or not, lets you choose which food tab is your default (I set mine to "my foods"), lets you choose who you share your diary with and allows you to customize meal names.

(8) Export your information. I haven't used this yet... but it seems kind of cool. From what I understand, you can download CSV files of your progress, meal and exercise history, and then share it with... I guess your doctors or whoever directly from the app.

(9) Priority customer support.

(10) Ad free... of course.

(11) Exclusive content. I'm enjoying this too. Exclusive recipe meal plans and nutrition tips.

(12) Calorie goals by meal. Stay on track with a calorie goal for each meal.

Also, I am paying month to month on mine rather than a year at a time. I read somewhere when signing up that if you cancel before your "term" is over, you have to pay out the duration. 

Hope this helps you.

It's not just the WEIGHT you LOSE, it's the LIFE you GAIN

RNY, Mar.2005Dr. Muhammed Jawad - Orlando, FL | S.W. 420 lb. - G.W. 160 lb.

Most Active