I AM SO HUNGRY!

mrstkgreene
on 9/26/16 4:51 pm
VSG on 09/22/16

I had surgery last Thursday. I am finding myself really really wanting food. I am not sure if all of it is head hunger, i don't think it is. Of course some is.... but I am HUNGRY!

I have chicken and stars soup, I have been eating more broth, mushing up some stars and of course I havent been eating the chicken out of it... but I mean I need something that is going to give me some strength and make this hunger go away. 

Yes, I am also drinking protein shakes. I am not sure how much I am supposed to be drinking though. Alot of times when I am sitting here trying to drink something or eat jello, etc... I will get this pain, almost like air or something. 

I thought it might have been "my full" at first, but I am not sure.... Maybe I am drinking too fast?  Because I dont even have to be eating anything, or drinking anything... and ill feel it. Almost like my belly is trying to eat my insides... ? lol 

hollykim
on 9/27/16 9:11 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On September 26, 2016 at 11:51 PM Pacific Time, mrstkgreene wrote:

I had surgery last Thursday. I am finding myself really really wanting food. I am not sure if all of it is head hunger, i don't think it is. Of course some is.... but I am HUNGRY!

I have chicken and stars soup, I have been eating more broth, mushing up some stars and of course I havent been eating the chicken out of it... but I mean I need something that is going to give me some strength and make this hunger go away. 

Yes, I am also drinking protein shakes. I am not sure how much I am supposed to be drinking though. Alot of times when I am sitting here trying to drink something or eat jello, etc... I will get this pain, almost like air or something. 

I thought it might have been "my full" at first, but I am not sure.... Maybe I am drinking too fast?  Because I dont even have to be eating anything, or drinking anything... and ill feel it. Almost like my belly is trying to eat my insides... ? lol 

at a week out, you are going to be weak from having major surgery. Your nutrition is comi

ng from your body burning your stored fat which is what causes weight loss

I found I had to be drink things on my plan constantly. You can't drink too much right now, even with protein shakes. The pasta on the soup could be making you hungry and yes,some is probably head hunger. Hang in There it gets better

Jammur
on 10/23/16 7:54 pm
VSG on 10/12/16

I am wondering how you are doing, now that is been about a month after surgery?

You see, I also felt this "hunger" about a week after my surgery. I had been on thing but clear liquids though, and I think that I might have been starving myself. When I finally drank a protein shake and then ate some real food, the hunger seems to be gone.

What I wonder is, if I can tell the difference between a craving and hunger? I have been wanting a taco, and I am pretty sure this is a craving, not hunger. But I was a bit discouraged that I felt any hunger at all, as I was told I would not feel hunger for a year. If I was feeling it 10 days after surgery, that did not forebode well for my success.

janiclint
on 10/24/16 12:07 am

I haven't undergone the surgery but I do feel hungry all the time. lol.. How do you feel now? Still hungry? Since I don't know much about the after care of the surgery, I can be of no help. But I would like to know your experience in details.

Most Active