Protein, Sugar and Carb Gram Goals?

mrstkgreene
on 9/27/16 9:55 pm
VSG on 09/22/16

I am 5 days out and I might be worrying about this to soon, but better late than never. 

I don't have a nutritionist, so as far as our goals for how many grams of protein, sugar and carbs are we supposed to have each day I haven't be told and have no clue. I was simply told high protein, low carb, low sugar? 

Those of you who have this information, could you share?

Thank yoouuuu!

Donna L.
on 9/29/16 12:48 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

It varies between surgeries and programs.  What surgery did you get/where did you have it done?  Can you afford a nutritionist?  I'd suggest finding one who works with bariatrics.  Mine is valuable not just for the information, but also for the support I get from her.  She has been one of my best medical advocates.  She is amazing.  

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

(deactivated member)
on 10/23/16 8:48 pm

I also don't use a nutritionist even though it's covered on my medical plan. I haven't found them to be very useful and I can usually get better info from a google search and weight loss boards.

For protein, a good rule of thumb is 1 gram for each pound you weight. I usually split my calories as 40% protein, 25 to 30 fat and the rest carbs. This generally meets basic weight loss requirements and keeps me thin.

Most Active