8 Years Out!!!

Butterfly618
on 1/17/17 10:14 am - NJ

Hi All, I had my surgery 8 years ago on Jan 8th 2009 and in 15 months I lost 116lbs.  Then the creep started to happen.  Just 10lbs at first and I was OK then 10 more and so on until I've gained back 65lbs.  No reason for the gain, I just took my eye off the ball. Stopped doing the work.  I remember being told at a meeting by someone   "Who we were is who we will always be if we forget to work at being different."

I got back on track and on Jan 9 2017 I pretended I had surgery and started the 2 week liquid diet.  Followed the post surgery diet to the letter which is helping me kick the sugar and Carb addition.  I happy to report as of Monday I lost 17lbs.  Yes 17lbs in 1 week.  It was hard.  VERY HARD.  I was very VERY hungry but I kept with it and it is getting better.  I am grateful that my band still works.   I will do this until this coming Monday then I start week 3 or phase 3 puree diet for two weeks then stage 4 soft solid foods for two more weeks.  I am hoping that this will give me the weight loss to motivate me to keep going.  This is a commitment I make to myself.  Getting back on track and getting back to feeling well is what it is all about. 

okiepirate
on 2/6/17 3:41 pm
VSG on 11/08/14

I'm 2.5 years out and started to let things slide too.  I lost 20 the first month of the year.  Much easier than pre-surgery but it is still work and require dedication.  Good job.

Most Active