Superfood Veggie Cakes

CelticRavens
on 1/19/17 8:25 am
RNY on 12/19/16

Couldn't find these listed in the products to review so I'm posting their info here.

Picked a package of these up at Costco 2 weeks ago to try. I really like the flavor, reminds me of spring rolls without the wrappers. The texture is soft & easy to portion into the size bite you need to not upset your stomach. Almost better than that is the ease of preparing them -- Thaw one overnight in the fridge then pop it in the microwave for 25 seconds & it's ready to eat.

I'm stocking up on my next trip to Costco because my daughter likes them too. You can also order them direct online if you don't live near a Costco or have a membership.

GL Superfood Veggie Cake 3D.png            

Superfood Veggie Cakes

Packed with nutrient-rich superfood veggies like Kale & Cauliflower, Gluten Free and only 100 calories! The perfect snack or side dish! Available exclusively at Costco in the refrigerated section!

INGREDIENTS

VEGETABLE BLEND (CARROT, CAULIFLOWER, BROCCOLI, KALE, ONION, RED BELL PEPPER, ZUCCHINI), BROWN RICE (WATER, BROWN RICE), EGG WHITES, WHOLE EGGS, CANOLA OIL, CORN STARCH, SPICE MIX (DEHYDRATED ONION, MALTODEXTRIN, NATURAL FLAVORS, TOMATO POWDER, CITRIC ACID, SPICES), SUGAR, SALT, GARLIC POWDER, POTASSIUM SORBATE (ADDED FOR FRESHNESS), BLACK PEPPER

CONTAINS: EGG
GLUTEN FREE, DAIRY FREE, NUT FREE

HEATING INSTRUCTIONS

If frozen, please thaw overnight in refrigerator and then follow directions

OVEN/TOASTER OVEN HEATING INSTRUCTIONS (RECOMMENDED) 
Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Remove Veggie Cake(s) from outer packaging and tray. Place Veggie Cake(s) on a baking sheet and heat for 12 minutes. Do not heat tray in oven or toaster oven. 

MICROWAVE
Remove Veggie Cake(s) from outer packaging. Heat on high for 25 seconds. Microwave times are based on a 1000 watt oven and may vary due to wattage. . 

Contact Us    FAQ    Privacy Policy    Terms & Conditions   Press Room

Garden Lites © 2015

CJ 55 6'1 HW 415 SW 349 CW 263

Surgeon's goal - 245lbs My goal - 215 -195lbs

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/19/17 1:55 pm

I saw them..but even now - over 8 years post op when I see food that has sugar added - i avoid it.  there si no good reason to add sugar to perfectly good - and most of the mn sweet anyway - vegetables. 

I can and make my own - with no added sugar CORN STARCH, MALTODEXTRIN etc. or even rice.   rice may not be bad - but ...my body turn starches into sugar very fast-  

the 3 gr of sugar does not seams like a lot - but i tsp of sugar has 4 gr of sugar so this has close to 1 tsp of sugar...

and corn... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active