Any tips for vegetarians???

jennmc79
on 2/10/17 2:27 pm
VSG on 02/25/17

Hi everyone,

I'm scheduled for surgery on February 25th.  Looking for any tips you might have for vegetarians?

Thanks!

Jenn

NEWLIFEFREEDOM
on 2/11/17 2:23 pm

Hi I'm new to this site I just signed up today.

I'm a vegan for 3 years next month I can only offer vegan advice from my own experience. I haven't had Gastric surgery I'm currently considering Gastric sleeve. I'm seeking advice/info on the pros/cons of being self pay in addition to if it's time for me to try something different for fat loss other than traditional exercise and diet.

hollykim
on 2/11/17 2:55 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On February 10, 2017 at 10:27 PM Pacific Time, jennmc79 wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm scheduled for surgery on February 25th.  Looking for any tips you might have for vegetarians?

Thanks!

Jenn

eat meat.

(deactivated member)
on 2/13/17 8:59 am
NEWLIFEFREEDOM
on 2/13/17 11:46 am

I spoke with a nutritionist who was constantly trying to discourage me from being vegan (needless to say she was not hired by me and never will be).

Many of them will recommend using whey. If you are vegan or desire to be vegan short or long term whey is a definite don't because it's (cow) milk.

Vega is a great certified vegan shake so if your vegetarian (I know you said your not a vegetarian-I'm speaking in general) adding whey to it may not be an issue, but in my personal opinion vega gives a large amount of what most people would need - general diet, vegan, and vegetarian.

Kathy S.
on 2/13/17 10:36 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi jennmc79,

More and more weight loss surgery members are asking about non meat alternatives.  Here is some research I did for you, I hope it helps.  

I did a search for you and here are some other members inquiring about vegetarian and vegan.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/search/?q=vegetarian

I know there is a difference between vegetarian and vegan but thought you would find this interesting too.

To Be Vegan...or Not To Be Vegan

I am sending you some other information via PM (private message)

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

~ Dana ~
on 2/25/17 4:14 pm - Henderson, NV

I had RNY back in 2003 but went plant based last summer. I feel great ever since I did.  My main reason for switching was I was informed I had NAFLD so I changed my lifestyle.  Most of my daily food is greens.  

~ Dana ~

Most Active