savory NOT sweethigh protein bars?

mzdocb
on 3/27/17 11:22 am

Are there any savory high protein, low carb protein bars? I don't think it helps any of us to supplement our protein by eating things like "chocolate mint" or "birthday cake". My doc/dietician gave me only dessert-like options.

texastreat
on 3/30/17 2:17 pm - Austin, TX

Have you looked at the Premier Nutrition Shakes instead? They are very low in sugar and high in protein. I also like their bars but they do have a higher amount of sugar in the bars. I only use the bars sparingly

If something makes you laugh and giggle, buy it or marry it !

Eggface
on 4/1/17 1:21 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Epic Bars (sort of softer jerky) they have a slight sweetness (seasonings, some have cranberry, etc.) but made from meat so mostly savory. 14-16 grams ish.

I have them from time to time... I like the sweet bars but sweet things were not a pre-op thing for me (I was a pasta & bread girl) so they don't trigger desire for the real deal.

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

catleth
on 4/3/17 9:49 pm - OC, WI

Nature Valley protein bars are delicious and have 10 grams of protein and only 6 grams of sugar. They are made with peanuts or almonds. They are filling too. Not too expensive. You can get them at the grocery store. You have to be careful because many protein bars have a lot of sugar in them.

Thanks, Cathy
annjones
on 4/24/17 7:59 am - Kansas City, KS
RNY on 02/13/17

I just tried the Nature Valley Granola cups and they are very tasty and filling. They went down well.

Ann Jones
HW-304/SW-295/CW-226/GW-200

RNY Surgery 2/13/2017
12/23/08 Band Date - Removal Date 08/15/16

Most Active