Looking for vitamin recommendations

Jackie113
on 4/23/17 8:07 pm

I am 6 years out from my surgery and have gained most my weight back. I am currently getting off depression meds and have heard that fish oil is good for that.

My brain explodes when I try to research fish oil and other vitamins because of the mass of info (and a lot conflicting) out there. I figured the folks here would really know their stuff.

I used to order from Vitamin Lady and may do that again but am looking for recommendations for fish oil I can get right now at the grocery/drug store.

I am coming off all my psych meds trying to get healthy and lose weight again. I may be wrong and have been told so by my reg. doctor but I believe that psych meds really mess with cravings/sugar balance etc. that helped me gain back a lot of weight. I just want to be off of them but I am having some major withdrawals and have read that fish oil helps, so wanted any advice about good supplements that may help my brain get back to somewhat normal.

Cathy H.
on 4/26/17 4:25 am
VSG on 10/31/16

Jackie, I'm afraid I can't offer you any advice except that you might want to post this in the VSG forum. It gets a lot more activity than this one and you might get some answers.

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

bursonc
on 4/28/17 9:04 pm

Coromega Omega-3 Supplement, Orange Flavor, Squeeze Packets, 90-Count Box packets - can be purchased through Amazon - best for fish oil in my opinion.

Jackie113
on 4/28/17 10:13 pm

Thanks, I'll look at that. I got some at the drugstore that said odorless fish oil 1200 mg and taking that for now. They don't taste or smell so that's good. I'm not sure if they're helping or if it's just time for the withdrawal to be tapering but I do feel a bit better. I just can't wait to get all these brain meds out of my system and see how I really feel.

QC_Blondie
on 5/3/17 4:34 pm
Revision on 05/23/17

My general Dr recently suggested I start taking fish oil for cholesterol. She highly recommended the Carlson fish oil brand. I found them on amazon. I haven't had any kind of reaction to them, so far so good then! The pills are very large so if you have difficulty swallowing you may want to consider the liquid form. I've read it isn't very pleasant tasting but it gets the job done! Best of luck to you!

MarinaGirl
on 5/3/17 8:00 pm

A variety of doctors that I have recommend this fish oil specifically:

Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega

It contains 1280 mg Omega-3

Jazzymouse
on 6/5/17 2:50 pm

I am a nurse and depending on your age centrum or equivelant of the store brand works well. And the expense is minimal

tishsingle28
on 9/17/17 2:06 pm - Gastonia, NC

**A MUST SEE!**

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts" (Isaiah 55:8-9, NIV).        
Most Active