A new journey! Starting out drastically with liquid diet

"LADYbug-j" L
on 5/3/17 7:47 pm - Laurel, MD
I wish I had done this sooner. Why did I wait so long?
Is this really working? In order to jump start some wl, I am doing my own Induction faze, with a moderate liquid diet. Lot's of protein supplements, vits. for sure, primarily, broths, smoothies, H2O indeed.
Crackers here and there if needed? but not really? and boiled eggs. Once I go back on foods, I then want to do a low carb moderation. In just an effort to get the ball rolling, I came out the gate this time, drastic, with a liquid diet, like right before, and after surgery. I've never done this before? I am really Starting over.
After eating the boiled eggs, I felt full? could this really be working? is my stomach/pouch shrinking at all? or is this all in my head? Here's the kicker? I feel just fine. I thought I would feel so hungry? but I don't ? I am shocked. My 1st day was odd. Today is day 5. Exercise, I learned that lesson long ago, they go hand in hand? So who's an expert out here? Who has done this before? I know I am not the only one? Tell me your thoughts, and please be nice about it. I had to start somewhere, so I finally did.
How long will this last? Well as long as I can stand it? my goal is to lose 55lbs. My goal wt is 199. Originally I came from the Heavy wts. bench. So 10 yrs. later, 199 is good for me. Docs originally goal, from HW was 189? I want to be under 200, and maintain. Hard work and effort. Regain in 10 yrs. is 33lbs. My goal is to lose that & then some. I never made it to my own personal goal after wls, or the docs. Therefore the time is now. Do you think this is doable? Well either way, I am trying.
Thanks,
Jbug.
(deactivated member)
on 5/17/17 9:46 am

I appreciate your efforts here. But I think you should do it slowly and take your time. This will be the best for you. Good luck!

emptynester3
on 5/27/17 3:41 pm

Naturally the less eaten, stomach will adapt and yes shrink....you will see a flatter profile if you keep with it. I did a similar thing before but did not stay with it.....wish I had....was doing well......just be sure to get the protein, fluid intake plus vits...(Vit D, C, Bs, Zinc very important)

Most Active