Protein Shakes

cdesan23
on 7/21/17 10:26 am

Hi,

I'm looking for suggestions on good Protein shakes I can use. Looking for the powder so I can make my own, and not something that is going to break the bank on a monthly basis. Also looking for suggestions on how people mix the shakes. Do you mix with fresh veggies or fruits and make a smoothie or just drink on its own?

Thank you

MissNexxie
on 7/23/17 7:42 am
VSG on 04/30/14

In my kitchen I currently have:

Syntrax Chocolate Truffle protein

Syntrax Caramel Macchiato Protein (contains caffeine)

Syntrax Vanilla Latte Protein (contains caffeine)

Syntrax Unflavored Protein

I usually mix 1/2 unflavored + 1/2 scoop of any of the others with: 1C unsweetened almond milk, 1 TBSP ground flax meal, around 50g plain skyr or greek yogurt, 2.5 oz strawberries and cinnamon. Very filling, tasty and a great way to get protein in plus a little fiber.

Other times I'll blend cold brew coffee with a scoop of flavored protein and a big dollop of plain skyr/greek yogurt. I like the Syntrax brand a lot, including their Nectar flavors (roadside lemonade, red grapefruit, lemon tea) and will mix those with water and always a greek yogurt/skyr addin for creaminess.

Surgery: April 30, 2014: HW: 288 SW: 250 Achieved Goal 149 lbs: April 8, 2015 CW: 158 lbs (working on losing 65 lb regain as of June 1, 2021. Weight was at 215 lbs). Fighting every darn day!

Magill2
on 7/28/17 4:47 pm

Thank you for the tips! I just posted my need for protein as I am losing my hair. Any ideas about my hair loss?

MissNexxie
on 7/28/17 5:32 pm
VSG on 04/30/14

Not sure how far out you are but if you are within the first year post-op it's going to happen so just bear with it. I have thin hair to start with and did lose quite a bit especially in front above the temples (sort of the top 'corners' of my forehead area). It's a combination of anesthesia, surgical shock to the body plus a dramatic reduction in calories that your body is reacting to. It'll pass. Hang in there.

Use this as a good time to try a new cut to go with the new body. I got a rocking pixie cut (from a bob) and I love it. Plus it helps get through this phase. Besides that keep up your protein and vitamins but really there is no magic fix.

Surgery: April 30, 2014: HW: 288 SW: 250 Achieved Goal 149 lbs: April 8, 2015 CW: 158 lbs (working on losing 65 lb regain as of June 1, 2021. Weight was at 215 lbs). Fighting every darn day!

Magill2
on 8/9/17 4:21 pm

Sorry for the late reply.

Thank you soooooo very much. Maybe I should try a new haircut. Brilliant!! I should have thought about this as an option. I've changed my way of thinking, my choices and in turn, my body, I think I'll make an appointment tomorrow.

Again...

Thank you!

MissNexxie
on 8/9/17 4:33 pm
VSG on 04/30/14

Good for you!!! I applaud your willingness to make the change. Some women get very stuck in having a certain length of hair and when it thins (whether via surgery or life) won't change it.

I felt so awesome after changing my hair and the layers hid any thinning issues I had, plus I think I got it colored/highlighted so it added a bit of texture. I've kept the cut since then and it really accentuates my cheekbones and narrower neck. Plus, it was like a tribute to my new way of living/eating. Changes all over the place!

Look at some websites to see what you might like but also, if you really trust your stylist, see what they recommend. good luck!

(deactivated member)
on 12/28/17 10:06 pm

Hi there, I think you can try soymilk and carrot juice.

Most Active