What are your opinion on raw food veganism? is it hard to include in your lifestyle?

(deactivated member)
on 12/7/17 10:30 am

Hey guys; I'm new to the concept of veganism. Need some advice and help from experienced people here.

Natalie_H
on 12/7/17 2:19 pm, edited 12/7/17 6:23 am

Raw food diet and veganism have a lot in common, but the first one doesn't necessarily mean you need to avoid all animal products, which vegans do. Some raw food diets include raw fish, raw dairy products, raw meats or eggs, and even some cooked animal foods too. If you keeps only to veganism, you can eat cooked food. Raw vegans don't consume any animal products whatsoever and very few cooked foods, which means this way of eating can be hard to keep up. Some nutrients are simply more easily obtained when you include some animal foods in your diet. If you keeps to raw food veganism, it's too easy to run low on critical vitamins and minerals, plus protein. The most apparent problems are nutritional deficiencies, particularly for vitamins B12 and D, selenium, zinc, iron and two omega-3 fatty acids, DHA and EPA. I recommend start from either raw food diet or veganism, but not from both simultaneously. And consult with a dietologist before, he will give you individual diet recommendations considering your current health condition.

(deactivated member)
on 12/8/17 3:57 am

I'm looking at it from a much more practical level then theoretical; Is the vegan lifestyle time consuming? is it easy for someone busy with stressful busy schedule?

summerset
on 12/24/17 9:02 am
On December 31, 1969 at 4:00 PM Pacific Time, wrote:

It depends. If you're eating out a lot (including the cafeteria at work) your options are quite limited unless you have access to vegan restaurants.

I was a vegan for a while and found it too stressful. I admire people maintaining this lifestyle though.

hollykim
on 12/17/17 3:10 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On December 31, 1969 at 4:00 PM Pacific Time, wrote:

I gained the most weight I ever gained while being a vegetarian.

summerset
on 12/24/17 9:03 am

Unless you give specific information about what you ate as a vegetarian this is a completely useless and misleading post.

hollykim
on 12/24/17 3:21 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On December 24, 2017 at 5:03 PM Pacific Time, summerset wrote:

Unless you give specific information about what you ate as a vegetarian this is a completely useless and misleading post.

I ate vegetables, alternative meat products, pasta,fruits, breads , all things recommended for a vegetarian diet.

Most Active