13 years out and questions

Musicmama88
on 6/2/19 12:09 pm - Danville, IN

Hi everyone. I used to be a regular on this site when I was researching my surgery and for a few years afterwards. But its been years and well,,life got busy.

Im 72 years old, very active but having some complications related to my surgery. I originally lost 140 pounds but have since regained 70 pounds. I cannot tolerate dense proteins. Very little meat or fish, or salads will stay down. I get the foamies and up they come. However, I CAN tolerate carbs and junk! Anything like crackers, chips, bread, cheese, gravy, these I can do! I tried chicken, but only can hold a few bites before the foamies start. I am in a state of perpetual hunger. So, I scavenge for anything that can stay down. I usually start my day with an egg sandwich with cheese,,cereal wont work and usually only a third of the egg. Lunch is tuna salad or egg salad,

As a result, I am suffering from vitamin deficiency, have had to have iron infusions, and am in constant pain in my legs and feet, my hands tingle and are numb a lot. Restless legs is another problem that is worsening all the time.

I had little followup with my surgeon due to his moving away, but have finally been referred by my new PCP to Dr Inman in Indianapolis. I have an appointment with her and her nutritionist on July 5.

My question,,does it sound like a need for a revision? ai have started drinking protein shakes again, but its not enough. Im hungry! My daughter is a personal trainer and thinks that I am constantly in starvation mode so my body holds on to every calorie and carb it gets. I really am at my wits end. Im tired of not being able to eat what is good for me. Ground beef works, and some light fish, but thats not enough iron or protein.

Any thoughts appreciated. Im anxious to get back on the losing bench, but cant do a diet because I cant keep the protein down. GRR,,

Anyone else suffer from this malady? What did you do?

"For I know the plans I have for you ," declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

summerset
on 6/4/19 7:03 am

It might be indeed time to visit a surgeon so you can find out why you have these problems you're talking about.

Regarding the tingling in your limbs - how's your B12?

Kim C.
on 7/30/19 6:29 am - London, Canada

Hello. I am kind of in the same boat. I tolerate junk more then proper food. Today I'm going to get my shakes again. Using water not juice or dairy. I bottom out I. Iron and all b vitamins and my d3. I daily take 1000's of MG of each to stay functioning. I've had to change gp because my dr retired. Ugh. This one sucks. I have chronic pain and depression. I can manage the depression with vitamins but the pain is unreal daily. I am a caregiver to my mom and I can't leave the house with out a sitter. Exercise is minimal and I'm lost as to what to do. The foamies happen daily no matter what I eat really. Coffee is my staple and I need to lose 30 lbs. I am now medically retired and trapped in my world.

Today I start trying to return to my healthy self. It's gotta help some how. Going for protien and minerals. Hope I can kickstart a loss without food. Then I will reintroduce food like the beginning of the journey. Maybe that will help you too. I will let you know how it goes.

Kim Crawford

Tammy Douglas
on 8/26/19 10:44 pm - Los Angeles, CA

I'm 13 years out. I lost 250...and Have a Forever Baby Tummy Too. Can't keep much down and fight for access to what I can have. I am Geographically Medically stuck with no real help and starting to cause Police and other public attention due to it.

(deactivated member)
on 1/16/21 9:24 am

The most exceptional youngsters today can truth be told meet you and discussion about adoration and affiliations. With all the youngsters you can essentially visit on the site for dating there are https://russianwomendating.org/ phenomenally surprising teens who are set up to begin a relationship with you that will give fundamentally regard

Most Active