Nausea after eating after 7 years!

Jodi1277
on 11/30/19 7:42 pm
RNY on 02/05/13

I am almost 7 years out from my RNY surgery. I lost 130lbs the year after and have gained back 50lbs now ?. I had a relatively easy time after surgery. Only dumped twice after ice cream. Everything I was fine with. Weird thing is the farther out I get the more issues I seem to be having. I dont do milk products anymore. Anything with white sugar gives me heart palpitations to the point of throwing up, I have a lot of loose bathroom issues and as of recently I feel sick, bloated and nauseous after eating almost ANYTHING!! I am so frustrated! I can barely eat yet still up 50 lbs! Any ideas?

1texasmom
on 1/3/20 2:46 pm

I had RNY 2007. Like you had a super easy in most areas. I have developed resistance to some foods over the last 6-12 months. Bloating, constipation, diarrhea, an obnoxious gas. I'm very analytical so I resorted to journaling everything in and out. I've stumbled on a few correlations. White sugar, candy, ice cream, cakes....all cause GI distress, sweating, and racing heart. All raw fruits and veggies cause gas, some more than others. Hi fat foods and sugary foods cause me diarrhea. Sugar free treats are pure evil. Popcorn causes bad gas, diarrhea and bloating.
I find I do best with a diet of meats of all kinds, all kinds of cheeses, eggs, yogurt and my friendly veggies are cooked green beans, carrots and greens. My friendly fruits are lite canned peaches, pears and mandarins.

but this is just what works for me. trial and error. Journal. And ask. You're doing all the right things. Just don't give up.

RNY: 11/19/07

SW:260

LW: 140 (January 09)

CW: 180

GW: 155-160

(deactivated member)
on 1/13/20 3:19 pm

Please update me if you find anything helpful. I have the same symptoms except I also feel very nauseous in addition to vomiting. Usually I play boom beach upgrades to relax.. Hope you will try this.

Dee_Caprini
on 5/6/20 3:46 pm

When was the last time you saw your surgeon/dietitian? The heart palpitations and throwing up are signs of dumping, so my best bet is that your tool is doing what it's supposed to do? are you getting less disciplined with your food intake? What happens when you go back to your pre or even newly post-op diet?

When you make an appointment to talk to a pro, have a food log of everything you've eaten to see where adjustments can be made. Makes things a bit easier when you have specifics.

Most Active