Question about red meat consumption

shirleyallen
on 6/13/22 10:08 am

I eat a significant amount of red meat, and I've been told that it's unhealthy. I'm highly active and exercise often. Heavy lifting, cardio, walking long distances, and im at the gym 5-6 days a week. If I'm very active fitness wise, am I able to consume as much red meat as I want to stay healthy or is this bad?

(deactivated member)
on 6/21/22 2:34 pm, edited 6/27/22 7:19 pm

I don't think you should eat a lot of red meat. Frequent consumption of red meat increases the risk of developing kidney failure by 40%. I think you better eat more fruits and vegetables where there is a lot of vegetable protein. I do sports and take great care of my health. To get all the vitamins, I buy various kits from Canada Drugs that help me in this. Sports, a balanced diet and an active lifestyle have a good effect on me, I feel great

(deactivated member)
on 3/13/24 7:33 am

Although exercise can help mitigate some of the negative effects of eating red meat, it is not a guarantee that you can consume it in unlimited quantities without consequences. It's important to consider other aspects of your diet and lifestyle, including eating a balanced diet rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean proteins.

Most Active