vitamins

wendy R.
on 10/22/04 12:08 pm - ottawa, Canada
Hello! I'm new here. I have just found out that I'm having weight loss surgery on Nov.29. I was curious- what kinds of vitamins will I be taking post-surgery? Anyone know? wend
Annmarie T.
on 10/25/04 11:33 am - Philadelphia, PA
I was told by my nurse pratitionar that I will have to take a chewable vitamin like flintstones. I will be having my sugery the day before your surgery. My Prayers are with you. Anni
wendy R.
on 10/26/04 11:15 am - ottawa, Canada
Thanks Anni!! I'll be thinking of you,too!! wend
Rebecca T.
on 1/3/05 6:57 am - Central, NY
The chewable vitamins made me sick from day one, so I take two centrums with iron and two calcium citrate tablets, 500 mg each. My doc said that was fine.
Heather1
on 11/1/04 5:07 am - Port Charlotte, FL
Wendy, Your surgeon will usually recommend the brand or type of vitamin for you to take. I followed his guidelines but found Optisource chewable vitamin and mineral supplement. It is specially formulated for bariatric patients. You must take 4 vitamins per day to meet the requirements. The toll free number is 1-800-828-9194. Leanne Littrell
Kerry
on 11/2/04 4:34 am - Conway, SC
Hello! Congrats on your surgery date. I had my surgery October 6th and I was told that I could take the Flinstone vitamins or Centrum chewable. I am taking the Centrum chewable. Good Luck on your surgery!
Tracy P.
on 11/13/04 10:50 am - GA
I am 12 days post op and here is what I take daily: 1 children's chewable vitamin 2 Chewable tums for calcium 2 Chewable Fiber Pills These were all recommended by the nutritionist. I will tell you that I could not even stomach the above pills until about 7 days post-op. Good Luck with your surgery!
cdiss
on 11/27/04 8:57 pm - Derry, Pa
Hi Tracey and others, You MUST take calcium citrate not tums for calcium. Calcium carbonate (tums) needs stomach acid to be absorbed. We do not produce enough of that. Cheryl
wendy R.
on 11/15/04 11:13 am - ottawa, Canada
Thanks to all for the info. WOW!! Alot to think about! I won't be meeting with the dietician untilafter the surgery. I was hoping to eet her before, so I could buy all the stuff in advance and not have to worry about anything when I got home! wend
Most Active