Help!! I'm having hair loss!!! :help:

Kathryn A.
on 11/16/04 11:06 am - Sonoma, CA
I had my wls on 7/28/04 and I'm experiencing hair loss. I've heard that this happens sometimes but I would like to know if anyone else is having this problem and how long it lasts. I take vitamins and eat very healthy sticking to my diet. If you have had this happen to you maybe you can give me some suggestions to help. Thank you in advance!
P A R.
on 11/22/04 5:54 am - Boston, MA
Sorry, I am of no help. But I also would love some suggestions. I had WLS on 4/30/04 and am losing alot of hair.
Eileen W.
on 11/24/04 1:09 am - Edinburgh, IN
Kathryn, hair loss is very common in patients 2-6 months post their surgery. Any time your body goes through stress such as significant weight loss, this can happen. It usually subsides in a couple of months. You need to make sure you focus on getting enough protein in your diet. Sometimes taking extra zink can help. There are also products such as nioxin and a shampoo called mane and tail that have helped decrease the hair loss. If nothing else this gives you a reason to go buy a pretty hat to wear for the holidays. Good luck on your continued success. Eileen
(deactivated member)
on 11/30/04 3:54 am - Yakima, WA
This might offer some insight: http://www.freepgs.com/bariatricbytes/Hair.html Good luck!
Kar D.
on 12/10/04 5:28 am - shawnee, CO
I can recommend a company that has a product called Füll. This product help out a bunch for a friend of mine who had chemotherapy done earlier this year and just months later she had hair growing back. I even had my Boss at work try out this product and within 3 months his bald head had hair. He has Crohn's Disease and this helped grow it back and now he is a much better person to work around since his moral is boosted up. I would love to give you the website to where you can order this product and their is no sign up fee. Just email me and I will send the link. Have a wonderful day.
(deactivated member)
on 12/21/04 4:14 pm - North Hollywood, CA
I had my surgery on 08/10/04, and I started losing my hair about a month ago. I noticed that the most hair loss occured when I brushed, washed, and styled my hair. So, for the time being, I wa**** only every few days, I wear it down straight or in a pony tail, and I style it with my hands gently but no curling iron, rollers or round brush for now. And, if at all possible, avoid brushing it every day. There are ways to arrange your hair so that it is not obvious that it has not been brushed. Now, when you do wa**** I suggest that you use a shampoo that already has conditioner in it, like Pantene. Then, after rinsing, still condition your hair with a conditioner that has alot of moisture or oils. Gently towel dry your hair, and while it is still damp, squeeze a generous amount of Infusium Leave-In-Conditioner, work gently through your hair, and do not rinse. Let your hair air dry. I have been doing this for a few weeks now, and it looks and feels thicker, and I am losing about 70% less hair than I was. The worst part was when I brushed it and I had all these huge knots. Every time I tried to detangle them, I lost a handful of hair from the pulling. The Infusium has made my hair softer and more manageable, and because it is, it does not come out in clumps when I wash or bru**** Hope this helps.
colette73
on 1/6/05 10:16 am - Portland, OR
My hair didn't fall out from the rout as many folks have experienced... but it did get really weak, and then at about 9 month to 13 months it starting breaking off where the weak part were.. LOVELY... My doctor said Nioxin Shampoo products... which even though my hair is all back to about normal I still use.. and extra Biotin... I take 2 1000 mcg pills a day in addition to my Usana Multis... Blood work has always come out great and my hair appears to be healthy again and the short little pieces are blending much better... PS DONT FORGET KEEP UP THE PROTIEN!!
Most Active