Just a quick question?

goddesstre
on 1/2/05 10:48 pm - Harrisburg, PA
I am 1 week post-op. I am suppose to eat soft foods, such as eggs, yogurt, chicken, fish and so on... Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has used pineapple juice in their protein shakes or if you have been able to eat pineapples at all.. I bought applesauce as a back up but I prefer pineapples..LOL... Also what abou****ermelon? I happen to be a picky fruit eater but I love watermelon when its available.. Any thoughts???
Rebecca T.
on 1/3/05 6:50 am - Central, NY
The pineapple may be a little too acidic. My doc wanted us to avoid citrus fruits in the beginning. I ate tons of watermelon, though! I didn't try chicken until about 8 weeks out. It's tougher to digest for me.
Kenda W.
on 1/7/05 7:29 pm - Coldspring, TX
I didn't try soft foods until after week 4 and still had trouble with eggs, chicken and fish. Actually 10 months out, chicken and fish can still be a problem and eggs just don't taste very good any more. I would think pineapple juice would be ok, but make sure there is no sugar added. You might try some of the protein shakes available thru bariatriceating.com. I found I really like Elite vanilla, but there are sample size protein packets available, so buy a few and try them before buying the big jar. I know there are some fruity ones (including pineapple) that some people swear by!
Most Active