what to look for in a protein powder

chubbychub
on 4/12/06 12:23 pm - camp hill, PA
I am getting ready for surgery and I would like to have several protein powders on hand when I get home. I was wondering what specific things should I look for in a protein powder. Ballpark range I should look for in Calories, fat, carbs, etc. Also, I heard that GNC has a money back guarantee if you don't like one of their products. Anyone have any experience with this. I can't imagine that they would give your money back just because you don't like something. Thanks for your help.
littlemama
on 4/12/06 9:23 pm - Albertville, AL
I use a protein powder that my Doctor's office suggested before my surgery over a year ago and GNC sells it, the name is ANY WHEY PROTEIN powder it is tasteless, (you can sprinkle over food or make a smoothie/shake with it 0 sugars, 0 fat and 17 grams of protein per scoop. I try to make one daily and it has been a year since my surgery. I use one banana, some strawberries, 2 tablespoons of Light Vanilla Dannon yogurt, Silk(soy) mil**** 2 scoops of protein powder and blend in my food processor. You probably need to wait a while before you do this smoothie, but the protein poweder is very good and they have a website optimumnutrition.com. Good luck and God Bless you, Christina Dodd Alabama
chubbychub
on 4/13/06 1:04 am - camp hill, PA
Thank your for your insights. I have heard a lot about Any Whey. I think I am going to try it!
MacArthurBug
on 8/7/06 12:11 pm - KY
GNC has been very good to me when it comes to switching out protien powders. I had tried some pre-op that I liked, but with the strange change in my taste buds I didn't like it when I tried it post op. I took in my powder and was allowed to switch out for a diffrent one. They've also been super halpful with a lot of other little things - such as ordering the stallone protien pudding for me when their stock was low and they didn't have the flavor I liked available.
Most Active