Hilda25’s Posts

Hilda25
on 5/2/18 12:39 pm
Topic: RE: Juice Plus

Does anyone here use Juice Plus. I have a friend who was telling me about it. I wanted to hear from you my WLS Family before I comit to purchase. I currently use the Bariatric Advantage multivitamins and my labs are fantastic.

RNY 3/16/15 HW 277 SW 263 CW 156

Hilda25
on 10/25/16 1:55 pm
Topic: RE: 1 week post-op struggling

You are less than a week out, your body is trying to adjust to all the changes. Don't give up, it will get better! Are you getting in all of your fluids? How about protein, how many grams are you able to take in? Are you still on a liquid diet or are you starting to add in puréed foods?

Hilda25
on 10/25/16 1:08 pm
Topic: RE: Tumeric supplements

I've been having extreme shoulder pain since July. I have swelling in my shoulder that could be relieved by taking Ibuprofen but because I've had RNY, that's a big "No No!" I did get a PRP injection last week but unlike Cortisone, it can take up to a month to start working. I chose PRP because it has healing properties and can, in the long run help the inflammation. My physical therapist suggested I take tumeric supplements. I of course asked my surgeon but he said he didn't know much about it as it relates to RNY patients. He did say that if my pouch started to hurt for me to stop taking it. So I'm here asking my OH family for your advise, does anyone take tumeric for inflammation?

Hilda25
on 10/25/16 12:45 pm
Topic: RE: Been a long time....but finally healthy and happy after RNY!!

I'd love to see some before and after photos! 

Most Active