Let's talk Dead! (May include spoilers!)

Cunning_Pam
on 4/3/14 3:07 pm
RNY on 12/18/13

The Walking Dead, of course. By now I'm sure that everyone who wants to has seen the finale. The husbeast and I are big fans, and we really enjoyed the wrap up to this season. While it wasn't nearly as affecting as The Grove (which absolutely GUTTED me!) I thought this episode did a really nice job of showing how the characters have changed, yet again. A couple of thoughts:

• Rick is gonna kick some serious Termite ass!
  • I thought I would cry when Rick told Darryl "You're my brother."
  • Where are Carol, Tyrese and Judith?
  • On the same note, I don't remember seeing Bob in the train car, I think I remember Sasha, though?
  • I'm so glad to see that Carl isn't completely lost. At the end of last season I was thinking that he had lost his humanity completely, but it seems that it's still in there.
  • Damn, but I miss Herschel. I don't think I've been as sad for any other character dying than for him.
  • Oh, and what the heck happened to Beth???

So, what did you think? Had you guessed what Terminus was all about? And what do you think will be happening in the next season?

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

(deactivated member)
on 4/3/14 3:54 pm
LosingSarah
on 4/3/14 11:39 pm, edited 4/3/14 11:40 pm - Moorhead, MN
VSG on 10/16/13

Yeah, we watched the finale last night. 

• Bob was in the train car actually. He was sitting next to Sasha.
  • I had the same sappy feelings when Rick said that to Darryl.
  • I really thought Terminus was going to be some kind of safe haven, but when Maggie, Glenn and all those with them first walked in and it looked all peaceful & nice I thought, "this is just too creepy...something is not right with this picture" so was not surprised by what happened at the end.
  • When they ended the episode without reuniting Carol, Tyrese, & Judith with the rest of the group I immediately thought "they are somehow going to be involved in saving the group" Carol is a bad ass, but so is Darryl. Who knows, we will see although I hate that we have to wait until October.
  • Beth - she took off in that car after she and Darryl were attacked by walkers. I think she believed he was a goner as he was greatly outnumbered and kinda backed in a corner. I think she'll show up later, too. 
  • Yeah, Herschel will be missed. I am glad that they were flashing back during the episode to scenes with him.
  • Have you read online the theories about Terminus. That is creepy if they are true. It wouldn't surprise me considering that woman, Mary, was sitting at the entrance grilling up "meat" to feed newbies as they enter. Tricking them into "becoming like them". Ewe.
  • I am totally looking forward to a new season. Now that the prison and the governor are out of the picture it should be going in a totally different direction. We shall see.

Cunning_Pam
on 4/3/14 11:56 pm
RNY on 12/18/13

Ok, so Bob was there, thanks.

As soon as Glenn and Maggie and group walked into Terminus, I said "There's not enough food planted, and where are all the people?" It was obviously hinky, but I didn't really guess at the depths of how awful it really was.

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

Cunning_Pam
on 4/3/14 11:54 pm
RNY on 12/18/13

Terminus is totally a Soylent Green kind of place, remember the stack of human bones Rick and company ran past? The husbeast is big into apocalyptic fiction, and tells me that it's a common theme in those kinds of stories. In a major civilization crash, food will become scarce pretty quickly, and it's a pretty safe bet that cannibalism will become a survival mechanism for at least some of the survivors. I love the way the show really "goes there" in terms of what might actually happen in case everything falls apart, IMO they make it believable and logical. I mean, just looking at these people, they look like they've been through hell. They're always dirty and tired looking. The actors do a good job too in terms of looking like they're on their last nerves.

Sandy M.
on 4/4/14 10:41 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

Yeah, except they always seem to be clean shaven!  And who cuts Carol's hair?  Now Daryl, he does look pretty stinky, but he does in real life too!

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

LosingSarah
on 4/5/14 12:37 am - Moorhead, MN
VSG on 10/16/13

Yeah, they are often pretty clean shaven.

I always wondered about this when Lost was on, too. Where were they getting razors on an island. Especially before they realized there were resources on it. The men were shaven and so were the ladies. Shoot, if I was stranded on an island the last thing I'd be thinking about is shaving my legs, lol.

Cunning_Pam
on 4/5/14 12:43 am
RNY on 12/18/13

I've always thought that Carol cut her own hair. With her knife. And no mirror. 

The one that kills me is the lawns...why are there still lawns a couple of years into this thing??

(Sorry for language!)

Sandy M.
on 4/5/14 12:55 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

LOL - good point!

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

Sandy M.
on 4/4/14 10:43 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13
Most Active
Recent Topics
Sad news but it's for the best
TattooMom · 3 replies · 1055 views