MH370 - What's Your Theory?

Sandy M.
on 4/6/14 3:31 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

I admit that I'm a little obsessed with this story.  I work in a software company that does nothing but airline software, and I've flown Malaysian Airlines several times.  

What's your theory about what happened?  When (if ever) do you think they'll know for sure where the plane is?  

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

Cunning_Pam
on 4/6/14 6:08 am
RNY on 12/18/13

Well, at this point I think we'll never really find out what happened. I don't think it's likely the plane will be found either; there's a huge area where it could have gone down. And now that the pinger on the black box is out of battery life, it's even less likely than it was before that the wreckage will be spotted.

Personally, I'm thinking it was the flight crew or that somehow some of the passengers were responsible. Simple mechanical problems wouldn't really explain the bizarre behavior and flight path of the plan before it went into the ocean. It would account for someone wanting to do something with the plane, along with a struggle and possible sabotage of the plane along with that. Political statement? Mental illness? *****ally knows at this point. I'm doubting organized terrorists, since no group has claimed responsibility for it. 

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

LosingSarah
on 4/6/14 10:52 pm - Moorhead, MN
VSG on 10/16/13

I think they are on the bottom of the ocean, although for a little while I thought maybe they landed somewhere and it was part of some hijacking situation.

Sad story and I feel for those who will probably never know the fate of their friends or family members.

Sandy M.
on 4/6/14 11:16 pm - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

One thing I found interesting, is that unlike in the US, a member of the ****pit crew can leave the cabin (bathroom break for example) without another member of the crew entering the ****pit.  Can you imagine being locked out of the ****pit for 7 hours not knowing what was happening?  In the US, a flight attendant steps into the ****pit anytime the captain or co-pilot leaves.  And they will also block the area with a food cart.

Sounds like several ships are now hearing the pinger - I hope we're close to finding out what happened to those poor doomed passengers.

LosingSarah
on 4/6/14 11:46 pm - Moorhead, MN
VSG on 10/16/13

Interesting. I did know that about US planes, but didn't know that about other countries don't take extra steps to protect the ****pit. That would be scary & crazy to be a pilot who is locked out if something sinister did happen.

I've read about those pings. I, too, really hope that they find out the fate of the passengers. 

BTW - It's finally warming up here. I suppose you're prepping to make your way up here soon. I want summer SO BAD! I need to be playing in the dirt (gardening).

Sandy M.
on 4/7/14 12:43 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

I want to be there too!  I've been offered 2 five gallon buckets to haul water in...hmmmm.  

Cunning_Pam
on 4/7/14 7:11 am
RNY on 12/18/13

The pinger is still active? I guess the information I saw about it being out of battery life was incorrect, then. If the pinger can last just a little longer, then, the wreckage might be found. Whether it's salvageable or not will be another question, I guess.

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

Sandy M.
on 4/7/14 7:50 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

The pinger has a minimum battery life of 30 days.  It's expected to last 40 days or even longer in most cases.  I'm hoping for the best!

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 4/7/14 4:24 am
VSG on 10/09/12

I hope they find the black boxes but I am not terribly optimistic. I think there was no foul play here. Just a tragic accident.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

ididabadbadthing
on 4/7/14 7:14 am - TN

Hi Sandy,

I posted that this story had me wanting to stress eat. It's just sad all around and I think what makes it worst is the not knowing. We may never know, my heart goes out to the families.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Sad news but it's for the best
TattooMom · 3 replies · 1055 views
Does Salt Matter?
alfred098 · 5 replies · 1122 views
Wedding preps!!!!
emilinjohn11 · 1 replies · 900 views
Best Running Idea's Outfit
emmajames · 0 replies · 772 views