If You Won the Lottery

Sandy M.
on 4/9/14 12:32 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

Along the same lines of my last post, if you won the lottery (we're talking record setting Powerball numbers here people), what are the first 5 things you would spend it on?  Here's the beginning of my list.

1. Pay off my debt, including my house

2. Pay off my brothers and step-father's debts - they can pay it forward by being able to help their own families easier.  Of course, if I had extra, I'd pay off all family member's debts.  There's nothing like the feeling of starting fresh!

3. Buy a year-round lake home in Minnesota, with enough room for chickens and a big garden.  I'd have lots of parties there where I could cook in my chef's kitchen to my hearts content.

4. Take each of my family members on a trip of their dreams (already did 2 nieces, with trips to NYC and Chicago, and my SIL, with a trip to Cabo, all on frequent flyer miles or work incentives)

5. Donate to local charities, where I can actually see the results of my money (I'd volunteer a lot more, too)

Let's hear it!

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

SunnyGal14
on 4/9/14 12:47 am
VSG on 08/06/14

1. Make sure my step daughters have a college fund

2. Pay cash for a modest but nice house

3. Take care of my parents debt so they can enjoy retirement

4. Open a rescue shelter for animals,  full of veterinarians and assistants.  I would help run the shelter. 

5. Give lots of money to autism awareness, specifically.  Also to many other charities too.

Vsg on 8/6/14  5'8" HW 266 SW 243 CW 169 GW 155. 

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 4/9/14 1:08 am
RNY on 08/05/19

1. Buy a big house out in the country with lots of acreage

2. Rescue dogs from shelters all over that have a low chance of adoption because of age, illness, breed, etc. and let them run all over the pasture to their little hearts' content

3. Hire people who traditionally have difficulty finding employment (homeless veterans, folks with mental illness, etc) to take care of the puppies and pay them a good living wage

4. Set up a program for animal therapy- read to the dogs, emotional support animals for PTSD, something like that

5. Get robot eyes so I don't need glasses and can maybe explode things by shooting laser beams (gotta have SOMETHING frivolous, right? And surely a billion dollars could fund the R&D for that?)

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 4/9/14 1:23 am
VSG on 12/06/12

If were talking the ones were you get like 200 million in your pocket here we go.

1.Give every loved a check for different amounts depending on the relationship we have. Like my mom and in laws the most and so on.

2.Pay of my wifes and mine debt.

3. Get us a nice house not a mansion just decent.

4. My brother is horrible with money so just buy him a house and pay off his car and other debts, no cash.lol

5. Give to charities I know are worthwhile.

6. Travel to a lot of cool places.

7. Help my wife open her own music school.

8. Open my gym that caters to WLS patients and very over weight people.

9. Buy a huge house that can house many kids who can get fostered and have good staff helping them out and then just give them the love they are craving. Maybe in honor of Sparkle we will throw some dogs in there to teach the kids responsibility.

10. My grandmother is 87 and always wanted to see Hawaii so first class all the way, and hell her kids and whomever else in my family wanted to go.

I mean in my life what would I need 200 million for. I could set myself and my future generations up for ever with 25 to 50 million.

Sandy M.
on 4/9/14 2:12 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

Overachiever - I only asked for 5!  

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 4/9/14 7:07 am
VSG on 12/06/12

Hey I could do a lot with that much money what can I say.

(deactivated member)
on 4/9/14 2:07 am
Spencerella
on 4/9/14 2:27 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Over and above the kind of things on most of our lists, I'd pay people to haul me up to the top of Everest. Strange I know, but I could never do it on my own and I'd love to get to the top of the world!!

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

Sandy M.
on 4/9/14 2:57 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

Now I have this strange image of you as Cleopatra being carried up the mountain in a litter.  

Spencerella
on 4/9/14 3:10 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

I like it !  ;-) 

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

Most Active
Recent Topics
Sad news but it's for the best
TattooMom · 3 replies · 1055 views
Does Salt Matter?