Hobbies new and old

(deactivated member)
on 4/12/14 9:50 am

Hoping to take up more hobbies, just wondering about some hobbies that keep your interest.

AnneGG
on 4/12/14 10:25 am

Volunteer work is my most involving and time consuming hobby, if that is what to call it. I don't do needlework or crafts or painting, anything like that. I'm going to learn bridge this spring if I can fit classes in somewhere. I like interior design and gardening- I just joined a local gardening club. I belong to a women's club that has lots of activities. Oh, and reading, I'm an avid reader and belong to two book clubs. Writer, too. I do various classes and workshops for both personal and professional reasons. I'm a big time traveler. We do a lot with our grand children. 

I used to bake and cook a lot, but no baking since surgery, and my husband does most of the cooking now.

I guess walking fast, furious, far and frequently could be considered a hobby, too. I used to run, but my orthopedic guy told me to stop.

I do like keeping busy- it keeps me out of trouble with the eating.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

(deactivated member)
on 4/12/14 12:31 pm

I  really do need to consider walking a new hobby and start doing more of it.  We love to travel even if it's little weekend get-aways.  The garden club fizzled out there which was a shame.  I have a gf who works weekly at a co-op garden, thought about tagging along as I know nothing about vegetable gardens.

Since surgery I too have no real desire to bake.. even cook for that matter.. husband looked at his dinner tonight and said well that looks exciting .. I  really do need to put more effort into meals. 

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 4/12/14 11:01 am
VSG on 12/06/12

I like to stand on the corner and tell people how they should talk and interact with each other. It is fun although not a lot of positive responses to it.

Susan M.
on 4/12/14 11:11 am
On April 12, 2014 at 6:01 PM Pacific Time, bbarrigar wrote:

I like to stand on the corner and tell people how they should talk and interact with each other. It is fun although not a lot of positive responses to it.

Yes, I'm rolling my eyes in your general direction.  It's so old now, some new material wouldn't hurt ;)

I really enjoy sewing.  I think I'm going to make myself some 1900-1920 inspired swimsuits to hold all the extra skin in (and not look like a burkini).

I love that I can easily modify second hand stuff or make what works for my body at reasonable prices.  

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 4/12/14 11:19 am
VSG on 12/06/12
Susan M.
on 4/12/14 11:24 am, edited 4/12/14 11:24 am

burkini

The power of Google.

Note the irony in this image...

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 4/12/14 11:28 am
VSG on 12/06/12

that is quite ironic. so it stems from a bhurka i am guessing. that reveals nothing.lol

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 4/12/14 2:10 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

It's actually a neat invention despite the funny name... It means Muslim moms can take their kids to the pool and go swimming with them!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Susan M.
on 4/12/14 3:43 pm

They also have varying degrees of style.  

Plus they can go all out on swim wear if men are not allowed near the pool.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Sad news but it's for the best
TattooMom · 3 replies · 1055 views
Does Salt Matter?
alfred098 · 5 replies · 1122 views
Wedding preps!!!!
emilinjohn11 · 1 replies · 901 views
Best Running Idea's Outfit
emmajames · 0 replies · 772 views