Powerful video about bullying.....

Spencerella
on 4/13/14 9:36 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Excellent video. It is such a serious issue and as the video depicts, most people are paralyzed by bullying, whether they are the victims or the observers. 

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

(deactivated member)
on 4/13/14 12:16 pm, edited 4/13/14 2:40 pm

Problem I have with these little experiments are they could escalate real fast.. There was one where an elevator would open and two guys were inside with one being strangled.  The goal was to see how people reacted once the doors opened and they were about to step into this.  I could see someone getting seriously hurt and all for someone's experiment to see how people react.

AnneGG
on 4/16/14 2:35 am

Excellent video addressing the problem of bullying.

But like Laurie said, it can easily get out of hand, and people don't like to put themselves in danger whatever their reaction is. What if there is a gun involved? Or a gang doing it?

But that's why the bad guys often win, because other people don't get involved. The bullies make themselves feel powerful by beating up on someone more vulnerable. Abusees often become abusers.

I think educating re: bullying and how to handle it by reporting it and getting help needs to begin very young. But even among the very young, everyone hates a tattler.

A dilemma.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

(deactivated member)
on 4/17/14 9:17 am

Here is a news article about bullying advice.. left the school apologizing for a lot of things how to react to a bully

Most Active
Recent Topics
Sad news but it's for the best
TattooMom · 3 replies · 1053 views
Does Salt Matter?
alfred098 · 5 replies · 1118 views
Wedding preps!!!!
emilinjohn11 · 1 replies · 900 views
Best Running Idea's Outfit
emmajames · 0 replies · 770 views