30 Things To Start Doing For Yourself. #4 Is Absolutely Vital.

AnneGG
on 4/17/14 1:09 am, edited 4/17/14 1:12 am

30 Things To Start Doing For Yourself. #4 Is Absolutely Vital.

http://www.lifebuzz.com/start-doing/#!EzFa7

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Cunning_Pam
on 4/17/14 1:28 am
RNY on 12/18/13

The photos in that listicle are absolutely beautiful.

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

(deactivated member)
on 4/17/14 3:36 am, edited 4/17/14 3:37 am

Wonderful list, but almost impossible to fulfill.  I started following some of the sideline stories, did you see the rescued hummingbird ?

Cunning_Pam
on 4/17/14 7:50 am
RNY on 12/18/13

Fun fact: Hummingbirds belong to the avian order Apodiformes, which comes from the Greek "a", meaning without, and "pod", meaning feet. Their feet are so tiny that the first ancient naturalists to see them thought they didn't have feet at all.

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

(deactivated member)
on 4/17/14 8:18 am

Not so fun fact... I had one hit my plate glass window last week and died.  I can vouch, they do have feet :)  I was amazed by the size of it in my hand, poor little thing I really did feel bad.

Cunning_Pam
on 4/17/14 8:50 am
RNY on 12/18/13

Awww! Poor hummer. They're so teeny tiny, it's amazing to me that they even survive cool nights, much less the migrating many of them do.

I love putting feeders out for hummers. We don't get nearly the variety of them here in Missouri that I used to have in Houston, of course. We mostly see ruby throats with an Anna's occasionally, and only for a couple of months of the year. But it's so fun to sit out on the deck while they come to the feeders just a couple of feet from us...they really are fearless little buggers, and so pugnacious! There's usually one that chases everyone off, so I have to make sure I have two feeders at opposite ends of the deck.

(deactivated member)
on 4/17/14 9:01 am
Cunning_Pam
on 4/17/14 9:48 am
RNY on 12/18/13

That's actually a violet-tailed sylph, one of my favorites:

This is a rufous-crested coquette. Totally different, but still adorable!

Sorry to hijack Anne's thread, but I freaking love hummingbirds. They're tiny, buzzing, flying jewels. I blame the hummer who decided to investigate whether my ear had any nectar when I was ten years old with my fascination.

Cunning_Pam
on 4/17/14 9:56 am, edited 4/17/14 10:01 am
RNY on 12/18/13

And for those who want the experience of a busy hummingbird feeder, check out this video!

Hummingbird Partay!

Edited to add a second video...I've never seen so many hummingbirds in the same place at the same time.

(deactivated member)
on 4/17/14 9:59 am
Most Active
Recent Topics
Sad news but it's for the best
TattooMom · 3 replies · 1053 views
Does Salt Matter?
alfred098 · 5 replies · 1116 views
Wedding preps!!!!
emilinjohn11 · 1 replies · 899 views
Best Running Idea's Outfit
emmajames · 0 replies · 770 views