Medications

Jen 1959
on 6/4/14 12:44 pm - NH

Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.

My question is about sustained release medications, is it okay to take them?

I know we shouldn`t take extended release, I have been on immediate release Wellbutrin 3 times a day,

My Dr. asked if I would like to go to 2 times a day with the sustained release.     Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.   I just found the Off Topic Forum, How is it working out?    I know the other forums did have alot of Off Topic questions, I was guilty of that quite often .....Do you find that others are visiitng this forum often?

Thanks in Advance.

Jennifer

RNY 5/30/08

S/W  236

C/W  115

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/5/14 2:15 am
RNY on 08/05/19

1. Look at the dates on the list of topics for the OT forum. That should give you an idea of how often people visit.

2. Questions about whether or not it's OK to take particular medications are generally best left to doctors or pharmacists, not random strangers on the Internet. :)

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

56sunShine14
on 6/8/14 11:41 am

I am curious, what is the dif between sustained release and extended release?

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

Kate -True Brit
on 6/9/14 10:34 pm - UK

Whatever you are told on here, it is the advice of the doctor and pharmacist you should be asking.

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Alex8899
on 11/29/20 11:59 am, edited 11/30/20 1:45 am

Hi! I hope you are doing fine. Did you take Wellbutrin for depression? My doctor prescribed it to me, and I took it for some time. Then I decided that IU didn't want to be on pills all the time, so I joined the enhance club and started taking health supplements and doing yoga. Also, I found a new hobby that helps me to relax and be in good mood.

(deactivated member)
on 1/10/22 6:30 pm, edited 1/10/22 10:09 pm

I tried Wellbutrin for my depression, but it made my anxiety more severe. I checked the description on the online pharmacy site and found out it was a side effect. That was the reason why I stopped taking it. Now I'm on Abilify. It works well for me and no issues at all.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Sad news but it's for the best
TattooMom · 3 replies · 1054 views
Does Salt Matter?
alfred098 · 5 replies · 1119 views
Wedding preps!!!!
emilinjohn11 · 1 replies · 900 views
Best Running Idea's Outfit
emmajames · 0 replies · 771 views