Is your RNY keeping you awake?

Jennifer D.
on 11/4/09 5:08 am
Thank you for all of your responses. I thought I made it clear that my 2002 RNY was botched and my case is extreme but at the same time people who have never had sugar issues are susceptible after RNY. Incredible One : ) - my doctor told me to combat this by eating every three hours, a mix of protein and fibre such as apples and peanut butter. I am trying to get up and eat the second I wake up in the middle of the night but by then my sugar has sky rocketed (I am comatose during hypo times). I use Ativan 5 mg sublingual at work (now I get how that works countering symptoms of anxiety brought on by the overproduction of insulin). I have used it at bed time and it does help - just worried about becoming addicted, I have that personality type. As Donna said, insomnia has some wicked symptoms - will have to find the lesser of evils.
                                      Jennifer
          Thank you Cheri and Holly!
       Think twice, cut once! I've had 3 surgeries now, RNY, VSG and DS .
                                Ask me about the DS or visit dsfacts.com
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG
2011 - Full DS-August 24th
                HW 311   SW 306  CW 235  GW 150
midlife_adventure
on 11/4/09 7:17 am - Canada
RNY on 02/17/09 with
Perhaps I am odd... but I sleep so good now!!  My husband says I sleep so quietly and soundly, he checks for a pulse!  (I guess I used to have a fewing snoring rants prior to surgery.)  I sleep 6-8 hours a night... sometimes my dog wakes me to go out (she doesn't go near my husband's side of the bed  ), but I have no problem falling right back asleep after she comes back in.  I do notice that I can no longer "sleep in" on the weekends... by 7:00 the latest I have to get my body out of bed! 

I used to take Tylenol PM sometimes at bedtime prior to surgery, but the only thing I take now is my vitamins.  A good thing.

I don't dump either...
... so I guess I am odd!?
Most Active
Recent Topics