GUESS WHAT!!!?!?!?!

KaylaJ
on 4/15/10 5:03 am - Cambridge, Canada
Okay ladies and gents for you that know me i have been on here for a while waiting for a surgury date well guess what I GOT IT!!!! May 07 2010!!!!!!!!! 22 days omfg i am so excited!~!!!! is there anyone that suggests some stuff to buy or bring to hospital please let me know i am so excited!!! !! woohoo!!!!!!!!!

Proud member of Cambridge crew!!!

Daisygirl12
on 4/15/10 5:09 am - Canada
Great surgery date!  I had mine May 7 2009. 
I would bring a pillow for the ride home to hold over your belly and chap stick!  Oh, and loose pants to wear home.
Congratulations!  Your day will be here before you know it!
~Angie ~

Lana T.
on 4/15/10 5:09 am - Canada
Hi Kayla,

Great news, CONGRATS !!!

Lana.

dragonfly_1469
on 4/15/10 5:22 am - Canada
So happy for you, I also have a date of May 6.  It feels good to get the date but then the butterflies start to come! lol  Wishing you the best.  Who is your surgeon?  Mine is Dr. Starr.  I have heard a lot of good about him.
sam1am
on 4/15/10 5:25 am
Wonderful news! Congratulations!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Joyce J.
on 4/15/10 5:46 am - Scarborough, Canada
Hi Kayla

That is awesome news. You have been waiting awhile.
That is so soon too Woo Hoo

Take care

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

Michelle G.
on 4/15/10 5:56 am - Guelph, Canada
Hi Kayla,

First of all, CONGRATS!!! I was also wondering if you are having your surgery done at the Guelph hospital, and how long have you been waiting?  I am just starting the process so I am trying to get an idea of how long I will have to wait.  Good luck with your surgery, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. 
Karlalala
on 4/15/10 6:20 am - London, Canada
Hi Kayla!

Congrats!  That will be here before you know it!  Awesome news!

At the hospital I didn't use much.....they pretty much provided me with everything I needed (for personal care...like shampoo and toothpaste etc...)

Here is what I thought were essentials......

1)  My cell phone....I mean really....who can go a whole two days without texting!  LOL
2)  Slip on sandals - I wore them to the hosp...on my walks in the hosp...and on the way home....something I didn't have to bend over to try and get them on!
3)  My own favorite chapstick....my lips were dry dry dry after surgery for a number of days....I was glad to have my own brand with me....they will give you vaseline at the hosp if you need it tho!
4)  Glasses or contacts.
5)  Toothbrush and Hairbrush...
6)  A pillow to hold while coughing and for on the way home.
7)  Baggy, comfy easy to get into clothing for on the way home......you will not want to struggle with anything so consider taking that slips on really easy with a relatively loose waistband.

I think that was all that I found were really necessary...for myself anyway!  I know others who had pretty big lists.....I tried to keep things as simple as possible.  Oh, I did take a book too!

I am very excited for you!

Karla  - Stayin positive and moving forward!!!

roots-girl
on 4/15/10 6:28 am - Canada
hey look at you, and you thought you weren't going to get it........great news girl. the count down is on. I think everything that I would say has been stated already. chap stick, slippers, pillow...that's really all you need. and as I was in the states, my cell was great to text my husband to see where the hell he was when he wasn't with me......lol, just kidding, texted to my angel to pass on to the coffee crew that I was alive and loving the morphine.......and to tell my husband to come to the hospital to get me as I was being let go to move on home.....
soon you will be on the bench girl...congrats!!!
Jackie
~Surgery date September 3 2009.....~ HW315/SW304/CW217/GW175
Proud Member ~ Cambridge Coffee Crew

Cheryl D.
on 4/15/10 7:10 am - Toronto, Canada
Hey Kayla congrats!!  What an exciting time in your life.  Can't wait to see you on the Loser's Bench!

Cheryl

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.

Most Active
Recent Topics