Opti day #4 still hungry, light headed and almost fainted at Shoppers!

kapishay
on 4/17/10 10:49 am
Hello today is my 4th day on that opticrap, some have said the hunger disappears between 3-4 day, mine hasn't, i truly don't get how they expect people like us that r used to eating well, to not eat at all, maybe one week but 2!! just venting! I know I'm so dizzy and shaky because I'm hungry. I cheated only the first day, i ate 1/2 an apple, but nothing else just shakes, jello, popsicles, bouillon.
can anyone suggest anything? it's only the 4th day and I'm already feeling bad.......pls help.

Today I was at Shoppers luckily w/my hubby, i had felt weird since the morning, i couldn't shake the feeling, in the store i was just standing and all i saw was black, and i fell but woke up immediately, i was holding his arm for the same reason, so he was able to hold me from falling. This happened to me only once before when i was in my 20's, i was starving myself to lose weight.

Thanks to all that write to me.
Pam
bettyblanche
on 4/17/10 11:00 am - Hamilton, Canada
Pam                Sorry to hear you're finding it hard on optifast. Tomorrow is my last day and it really wasn't that bad for me. When I was hungry I would drink an extra btl. water or eat some SF jello.   Are you  drinking the 4 optifast daily. Ibelieve that helps keep the hunger away. 
                                                  Hope this helps
                                      HANG in there    It will get better.
                                     Good luck             Betty

Taking Back My Life - One day at a time!!!

PMcBride
on 4/17/10 11:09 am - Windham Centre, Canada

I am on day 5, and most of my hunger is gone, but I do feel cold.  Like get under a comforter fully clothed cold.  I am finding now that when I feel hungry, the bullion or a posicle does it for me.  Now, the first few days..awful!  But hubby bought me some syrups to change up the shakes, so that is good.  Under the TMI department, I have cramps and diahrhea today.  OH JOY!  I suspect the culprit is the sugar alcohols in the syrup.  Nice to know though that post surgery, when I am constipated...a little starbucks syrup will get things a movin! LOL

I hope tonight you turn the corner, like I did and feel better.  Eyes on the prize!

HW-441   CW-161 GW 170      
 www.youtube.com/user/PatrinaStrippedBare  www.patrinastrippedbare.typepad.com 

kapishay
on 4/18/10 6:20 am
hi thanks for your support, today is my 5th day, so far so good, but all the tips I just got I will follow including chewing gum and if necessary chewing celery.
Pam
John A.
on 4/17/10 11:37 am - Cambridge, Canada
I'm also on day 4 of the Optifast.  I had a constant headache for the first 2.5 days..
Thankfully that's gone, but today I'm feel tired and weak..  The good news is that I've dropped 17 pounds in 3 days..  (but I ate like a pig the week before)
I too am really cold.. of course it had to snow today,, but I actually turned the furance up a degree because I just can't seem to get warm even with blankets on me.
I'm finding today harder than any other day.. I'm dying for something to chew..
It sounds like we are all in the same boat.. But I can do this for another week or two..
I was reading on the net that some people use Optifast as a weight loss program.. I could never do that..(like for 30 days or more)!!. If I didn't know I was having surgery in 13 days.. I'd have jumped off the Optifast wagon several shakes ago!

PMcBride
on 4/17/10 12:02 pm - Windham Centre, Canada
John, are you having your surgery in Guelph?  Or Hamilton?  We have surgery on the same day!

HW-441   CW-161 GW 170      

John A.
on 4/17/10 12:10 pm - Cambridge, Canada
Hi Patrina,
I'm having surgery in Hamilton.
I've checked out your vlogs.. You are a riot..
My calendar looks just like yours.. with a big circle around the 30th
although I don't have the puking drawing on the following day lol
How did you get routed to Guelph. Wouldn't Hamilton have been closer for you?
I'm closer to Guelph, but got hooked up and referred by a weight loss program in Hamilton.
My family doc didn't know that he could refer directly.
I'keep watching each day to see how you are making out.. although you started your Optifast one day before me
J
PMcBride
on 4/18/10 12:36 am - Windham Centre, Canada
I applied last April through a referal from my Dr.  My Mom called me that there was a big article in the Kitchener newspaper about a big boost in funding and making Guelph a Centre of Excellence in the WLS.  So, that is where I sent my referral.  Long before any central registry.  I don't know how many centres of excellence there are, but it does give me some comfort that that is where I am going.  We shall see...down 3 more pounds!  I am envious of your 1 lbs though.  I have been on it 5 days and I am down 11.  I am thrilled with that...hungry but thrilled.  I just wanna CHEW something!  LOL 

HW-441   CW-161 GW 170      

kapishay
on 4/18/10 6:06 am
hi there, thanks for your reply. I see that your surgery is 2 days after mine,  congrats and good luck.

I couldn't do it either, I'm only doing this opticrap because my surgery is April 28 or else forget it! For me at least it has been very difficult, I think the reason is so hard is because I have 2 kids that eat a ton,  r both skin and bones that u even can count the ribs! but they r like my hubby, they eat, eat, eat and not one once gained, my son only grows upward, that's how he gains some weight.
And if all 3 don't eat enough in 2 days, they automatically lose weight! can u believe it? I'm the only ball in the middle!! They're supportive, I'm not in the kitchen for these 2 weeks, I hide in my room for mealtimes or go for a ride but I can still smeeelllll! I also want to chew desperately! I have to get gum!

Congrats on losing so much weight in a short time, I have only lost 7lbs and today is my 5th day.

Take care,
good luck on your especial day.
Pam
dragonfly_1469
on 4/17/10 12:00 pm - Canada
You guys are scaring me. I start on the 22 of April!!!!  lol  Sorry to hear this, I hope you can all stick it out.  If you guys can then I know I can!
Most Active
Recent Topics