QUESTION?????????

Denise77
on 3/24/11 8:29 am - Peterborough, Canada
Hello all....So tomorrow i have an appt at TWH at 9:30 am to Meet with Dr Jackson for the first time ...can anyone tell me what happens during this appt...
It's my first time to meet with surgeon and dont know what to expect....
Please HELP....
(deactivated member)
on 3/24/11 8:35 am - Toronto, Canada
I just had my first appt. with Dr. Huynh yesterday and we discussed...

Height/Weight 
Risks associated with obesity
Medical History
Surgical History
Diet/Exercise History
The surgery itself - he went into detail with drawings
Risks of Surgery
Recovery
Eating after Surgery & Lifestyle changes

It was a really good appt.  

Good luck :)

Denise77
on 3/24/11 8:37 am - Peterborough, Canada
Sounds like it will be a very informative appt....very excited ....so glad that i have made it this far
how long was this appt?
(deactivated member)
on 3/24/11 8:41 am - Toronto, Canada

The appt. lasted about 1/2 an hour.  It'll depend on if you have questions too.  The great thing was...he didnt rush.  He was behind because of the weather - he came in late, but didnt rush any of the patients.

I had a few questions about the procedure - technical stuff, and then threw him a curveball - I asked if the operation could be taped so I could watch it at home.  He never had anyone ask that before.  I figured since they'll be going in with a camera anyway.....why not record it???  There's so few opportunities to see inside your own body.   He said he'd ask the hospital about that.

Denise77
on 3/24/11 8:45 am - Peterborough, Canada
Oh wow....yeah i could see that being a curve ball to him....
lol
i have a few questions to ask....Getting very exctiting ...
Thanks for your help!!
suzyq0052
on 3/24/11 10:42 am
Simona pretty well summed it up.. what is discussed when you meet the surgeon. Dr. Tim Jackson did my RNY March 2/11 and he is TERRIFIC!
I found him to be very easy to talk to, he is good at explaining everything in layman's terms, (especially to hubby LOL).. and he made a point of visiting the day after surgery to speak with hubby and me.
I was extremely impressed with him. Being an "old nurse", I have encountered a lot of doctors while working.. the good and the bad...and he is definitely one of the Good Ones.
You are very lucky to have Dr. Jackson for your WLS.

suzyq0052

Synthia
on 3/24/11 11:31 am
Be prepared to wait.  The appointment with Dr. Jackson isn't very long, it's the time you are waiting to see him.  The wait time tomorrow could be very long.  My appointment was booked for 11:00 a.m.  I was there for 3 hours and waited to see him for two hours.  May have been an extra busy day but be prepared just in case.
Gabygee
on 3/24/11 11:35 am - Canada
I went in with a list. I had things I wanted to ask the surgeon about like

- will it be his hands on the scalpel? (i.e. not a trainee's?)
- who do I call if I experience complications in the first week at home ?
- how does he decide on the size of the stoma he creates?
- how many of these srugeries will he be performing on that day?
- how many of these has he performed in total?
- has he seen pretty well every complication during surgery (so he knows how to handle them...)

There were probably more, but that's all I can remember for now.

Most Active
Recent Topics