TWH QUESTION.......

Denise77
on 3/27/11 11:03 am - Peterborough, Canada
I have PATTS on April 7th at 8am my question is what will happen during this ?
I start optifast the day before and also was wondering if this is ok seeing as how i live 2hrs away and no washroom use...( heard optifast gives you the "poops") and will be at TWH for my lunch time shake ...how will i make this up so its cold?????
Pl,ease help me....lol
savasana
on 3/27/11 1:00 pm - St. Thomas, Canada
RNY on 03/06/12
Can you freeze the optifast in a water bottle and allow it to thaw on the trip?  Should keep it cold.  I can't help with your other questions though, sorry!
wannabeonehotmama
on 3/27/11 1:18 pm - Ontario , Canada
My morning drive to TWH was close to 3-3.5 hrs with traffic...won't miss that!!!

Here is my advice:
PATS -
bloodwork
ECG(or is it eKg??) either way, it's simple
Meet with Pharmacist (see what meds you're on that may interact with surgery meds)
Meet with Anestethist (sp?) to explain, and discuss any potential issues (apnea etc)
Meet with Nurse (not the WLS Nurse) to co-ordinate all of this, and explain the pre-op procedures, and what to expect on Surgery day.

As far as Optifast, I did not get the trots, and many don't.  Hopefully you will be lucky!!   I'd take a good thermal mug with ice cubes in it, and a bottle of water and your Opti.  Just shake it and you're all good!! 

Good luck!!! 

Denise77
on 3/27/11 9:31 pm - Peterborough, Canada
Pretty routine stuff for this appt then...
I thought they would do a pee test and i thought i read somewhere that they are checking for MRSA and something else now????dont sound like a nice procedure if they are...lol (swab almost everywhere....lol)
Thanks for the advise on Optifast as well
How long is this appt???
wannabeonehotmama
on 3/27/11 9:58 pm - Ontario , Canada
LOL, aaahhhh yes, the dreaded 'swipe' 

Actually, both my hubby and I found the nasal one to be the most unpleasant!  She takes very long q-tips and swabs your nostril, armpit, and then your bum crack (not 'right up in there' just down the crack)  and it's over in about 30 seconds.  Yes, there is a different swab for each region!!! 

I don't recall doing a urine test...but might have.   

I was there from 8-11 if memory serves....depends on the patient to staff volume, I guess? 

Have fun!!!  Try not to giggle during the swabs....!!!  

Jen~ 

Jonathin
on 3/27/11 10:57 pm - Ottawa, Canada

Those very long q-tips...

Guess where they are inserted when a guy gets tested for STDs.  

Most Active
Recent Topics