start process for St. Joe's

llaurabella
on 4/19/11 1:51 pm - Ancaster, Canada
I was wondering if someone could help me out with the first few steps toward getting surgery done at St. Joe's Hospital in Hamilton. 

My hubby is 100lbs over his ideal weight, he has high blood pressure, bad knees and more co- morbidities.  I had my surgery done out of country so I am un aware of how to go about applying for the surgery to be completed at St. Joe's in Hamilton. 

Plus, my paper process was well over two years ago so I am sure some of it has changed by now.

Thank you so much in advance for your help.

Laurie

tricia lynch
on 4/19/11 3:30 pm - thorold, Canada
you need to get your Doctor to refer you not sure if you can just call i know my family doctor had to refer me :)
lexxiblue
on 4/19/11 7:52 pm
RNY on 01/11/12
hey laurie
welcome... your family doctor needs to register with the bariatric registry..... online...
good luck
deb
ToNewBeginnings
on 4/19/11 10:03 pm
You live in a great location. I would avoid the registry and get your Dr to send a referral directly to the St. Joes clinic. You can get a referral form St. Joes, and they may even still have a printable version on their website. This is the route I took and the entire process from the day the form was sent in , and after the tests to my offer of surgery was around 5 months. I thought that was pretty good.
StevesGal
on 4/20/11 10:56 pm - Hamilton, Canada
You cannot go thru St. Joe's directly.  Your GP MUST go thru the bariatric registry.  If you send it to St. Joe's, they'll just send it back.

www. bariatricregistry.ca

If your GP doesn't have internet, he/she can call the BR to get the forms sent to him/her and fax them, but either way, it must go thru the BR.

Beth

Former RNY patient revising to Sleeve then DS.
Appts: Dietitian - January 21/19; July 16/19, August 13/19, September 17/19, October 15/19; Social Worker: August 23/19; DS Orientation: March 20/19; Internist: September 30/19; Surgeon: November 13/19 (signed consent).
Surgery Date: February 28/20.

MY RNY DIDN'T FAIL ME - I FAILED IT.

Most Active
Recent Topics