How Long????

Tammy G.
on 4/29/11 12:52 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 01/25/12
 Hi All,

I am new to these boards and was just wondering how long from the time your dr. puts a referral into the bariatric registry until you actually made contact with someone from there, did it take??

Anyone know the approx. wait times here in Ontario for the surgery...sorry for all the questions....I am trying to get my head around what kind of time line I am in for.  Does it depend on the surgery type that you choose??  Do you ultimately have a choice?

Thanks for listening to me babble, and looking forward to getting to know some of you as I travel this journey....I will be definitely be needing your support and advice.

Cheers,
Tammy
(deactivated member)
on 4/29/11 1:06 pm - Guelph, Canada
 you really dont have a choice the government has strict guidelines for a vsg..

wait times depends alot on where you are
Typoqueen
on 4/29/11 1:43 pm
Hi Tammy,

Welcome!
EricaFG has gathered some info on wait times.
Here is the link. PPL have put their info in voluntarily. Check it out to see where you are and what is happening to others in your area. As you will be able to see it is a little different at each center.
Hope it helps.

Kelly

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AvBMWgPqaVJldGRNSlJkcmRZSmVTNWhFbVJEWWhFX1E&hl=en&authkey=CJCu_tcC

Cheryl D.
on 4/29/11 2:44 pm - Toronto, Canada
While the wait time care vary depending on where you live, what medical problems you may have etc, I personally waited about ONE YEAR from the time my family doctor sent in a referral til I got my first phone call to set up an appointment.  From there it took another 4 months to do all the appointments and get the surgery done. I had my surgery at Humber River Regional Hosptial in Toronto.  I hope things go faster for you. 

All the best
Cheryl

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.

jdance
on 4/29/11 8:23 pm - Canada
hi,
just wanted to say welcome to the board.

can't answer about wait times, they have changed since i went thru the program.

Babble away, this is what we are here for, to offer help and support to everyone going thru this great journey.

janice

Tammy G.
on 4/29/11 10:16 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 01/25/12
 Wow, thanks to all who took the time to respond, I love the chart, it gives a clearer idea of what to expect, I may just opt to go abroad and pay my own way as opposed to waiting the 6-24months of waiting.  With such a long road ahead, I feel it may be in my best interest to search that route. If any of you have had experience or are going that route, please feel free to share your experience(s).  I am particularly looking at the VSG procedure.  Thanks again, Tammy.
Leslie W.
on 4/30/11 4:23 am - Cobourg, Canada
My referral went in mid August 2010 and I received my appointment for initial orientation in April for May 25th.

Good luck!

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
Susanne S.
on 4/30/11 9:15 am - London, Canada
 My referral went in April 2010, I am in the yellow book (final stage prior to meeting surgeon) and expecting a call in May to meet the surgeon with a likely July surgery....all in all about 15 month wait. (Guelph)
Most Active
Recent Topics