Low Carb Protein Pancakes - I was a skeptic...Not Now!!!

Karlalala
on 5/11/11 3:37 pm - London, Canada
I just HAD to repost this!  I am a skeptic when it comes to trying to make healthy versions of recipes but this one is worth the repost!  I have avoided pancakes since surgery because to me they are just a whole big ole pile of unhealthy.   Tried this recipe tonight and it was a completely acceptable replacement for pancakes!!!!  Give it a try!

Not sure who I am stealing this recipe from so if it is yours....  I am giving you credit where credit is due!  Thank you!!!!

LOW CARB PROTEIN PANCAKES

2 1/2 Tablespoons of Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
1/2 Teaspoons of Baking Powder
Pinch of Salt
One Egg
1 Teaspoon of Oil
2 Teaspoons of Water
Oil or Spray for Cooking

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl until smooth EXCEPT for the water and of course the spray for cooking.  When smooth you may choose to add a little of the water until you reach your personal desired thickness in your batter or you may omit it completely. (I used one teaspoon of water and it was great!) You may also choose at this time to add a flavoured syrup to your batter for a different taste!

Cook as you would normally cook pancakes however be careful not to brown too much as they may take on a bitter taste due to the protein powder!

ENJOY!

Hope you give the recipe a try and enjoy it!
Much Love,
Karla

Karla  - Stayin positive and moving forward!!!

KevinW
on 5/11/11 7:41 pm - Canada
Hi Karla,
I loved pancakes and thought that I would never be able to have them again. However, like you, I discovered High Protein Pancakes. They make a great alternative when I can face another egg for breakfast!
I'm going to share my recipe with you. It uses Oatmeal that adds fibre with the addition of this low GI whole grain. They are very much like the texture of traditional pancakes and are fantastic topped with some crushed berries and/or yogurt.

Protein Pancakes 2

2 eggs
1/2 cup Oatmeal
1/2 cup Cottage Cheese

Blend all of the ingredients together until smooth (I use a hand blender, but you could also use a regular blender).

Cook as you would regular pancakes until lightly browned.

Leftovers can easily be reheated in the toaster.

Karlalala
on 5/11/11 9:31 pm - London, Canada
Awesome Kevin!

Thank you so much for sharing that recipe with me and all of us!  i will definitely be giving them a try!  i have always loved pancakes and have been missing them.  Like you there are times when I just think that i really can not face another egg.  It will be good to have another back up in the repretoire!

Thanks Again Kevin!
Karla

Quinns_mommy
on 5/11/11 10:45 pm
Delicious! Thanks!

My angels are sam1am and Joyce J. :)  
Geri T.
on 5/11/11 11:41 pm - Blenheim, Canada
Thanks Karla and Kevin

I am going to try both of these recipes.  I too miss pancakes as every Saturday our neighbour invites us over for pancakes.  Now I will be able to have pancakes too instead of a silly egg.

You guys have made Geri a happy girl!!

Karlalala
on 5/12/11 12:30 am - London, Canada
YAY!!!!

jdance
on 5/12/11 12:10 am - Canada
i got that one last week, will try it this weekend.
But i have made the crustless pizza that was posted on here a few times now and it's to die for. My guys even like it.

Gotta tweak the banana bread receipe a bit though. Made that last night, the sugar twin is too sweet.

Most Active
Recent Topics