So fusterating

Denise77
on 5/29/11 9:32 pm - Peterborough, Canada
I am not even a month out ( had surgery May 4th VSG) and i have been at a stall for like the pass 6 days not going up****il this morning 1 pound) nor going down.....
It gets very fuserating....
I know i should just take those scales and fling them far far away for a bit but i used to get sooo excited like a kid on christmas morning to hop on the scales and seem my weight coming off...now i get on them and wanna cry....
Is there more i could be doing....
I have about 2 full bottles of water a day
All Vitamins
eating good
GRRR..
(deactivated member)
on 5/29/11 9:38 pm - Canada
 Denise.

your a month out.  now is NOT the time to be focusing on the scale.  concentrate on HEALING. as hard as it is you need to do just that.  fling that damn scale out the window.  it will only drive u mental.

so heres your checklist.

1) lose the scale
2) concentrate on healing
3) if you havent already get to walkin  it HELPS A LOT
4) start learnin how to eat all over again.  (even if you cant eat just yet)
5) learn how to really start enjoying life.
6) mail maniakmyke a check for 14 billion dollars

:)
Leanne1
on 5/29/11 10:55 pm - Newmarket, Canada
GREAT advice Mike!!! 

and LMFAO @ #6!!!!!!!!!!!!

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

Monica M.
on 5/29/11 11:11 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
Put your scale away. Now. Do not look at it for 2 weeks. You're turning christmas morning into your January visa bill. Stop it

Joyce J.
on 5/30/11 12:41 am - Scarborough, Canada
Monica

I like that analogy LOL

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

Lisa3756
on 5/30/11 1:06 am - Ottawa, Canada
On May 30, 2011 at 6:11 AM Pacific Time, Monica M. wrote:
Put your scale away. Now. Do not look at it for 2 weeks. You're turning christmas morning into your January visa bill. Stop it

Good one!
Lisa

Referral sent 2010-03-02
Information session 2011-01-21
Appointment with the nurse 2011-02-17
Appointment with Diet/Behav 2011-03-09
Scope 2011-04-29
Education session 2011-05-04
CT Scan 2011-06-02
Appointment with Dr. Yelle 2011-06-28
Appointment with Dr. Klein 2011-08-16
Surgery - Hopefully!
Denise77
on 5/29/11 11:23 pm - Peterborough, Canada
Thanks all for the advice. Ok ok putting scales away.... Going to focus on more walking and water ....and mo scales ...,ok maybe Monday mornings only...lol
Monica M.
on 5/30/11 1:11 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
yay for you!! it'll be difficult, but you can do it. Put it in a closet or ask someone to hide it for you.

Quinns_mommy
on 5/30/11 1:40 am
Hi. I am only 18 days out and I just came off a 7 day stall as of this morning. I bumped up my calories/water a little bit (650-750ish) and it seemed to do the trick... however, that could just be coincidence. I also do the treamill everyday - 40 mins 2 miles. It was SOOOOOOOOOO frustrating with all that working out and not losing! I feel you!

My angels are sam1am and Joyce J. :)  
Mary A.
on 5/30/11 2:44 am
awesome that the scales are being put away, no need to put yourself through frustration on a daily basis.  Get moving more, and keep up with the vitamins etc and eventually things will start moving.  Remember your system has been re-routed and it will take time..some people experience a stall like you have, some don't experience a stall at all.  I experienced a stall at around 8 months and it lasted for almost 7 MONTHS

...yes in my mind it was my bodies way of telling me...thsi is where you should stay.

Keep up a positive attitude.~!!!

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Most Active
Recent Topics