OT knee surgery date changed

Lindylou58
on 7/6/11 12:01 pm - North Bay, Canada
 Hi everyone, I got a call from Sunnybrook Holland Orthopaedic Cinic and they are moving my knee replacement up. It will now take place on Thursday, July 28th (3 weeks earlier). I truly can't wait to get this one knee done. I know it will be a painful and trying process but the outcome will be well worth the pain.

I am still trying to get as much weight off as I can but I seem to be a stall at the moment. I am increasing my exercise (walking) as much as I can and will hope for the best. I expect to hear from the clinic any day in regards to my pre-op appointment. I was told to plan on a full day of test and meetings (5-6 hours). Can't wait for that....so I know that I will be coming to Toronto sometime over the next week or so.

I have purchased some of the equipment I may need for post op but if anyone has had a knee replacement surgery can you maybe suggest anything that you found helpful to have once you got home? Thanks everyone and I hope everyone is having a great summer.

Linda
Lindylou    
Eileen C.
on 7/6/11 2:02 pm - Cornwall, Canada
Hi Linda

Good luck on your knee surgery.

I did not have the knee surgery but my husband has had both knees replaced, over a 5 year span.

Just a few hints that he told me about, don't stop the pain meds until you have had your phyiso, because when they have you do your leg excerises it will be painful.

Make sure that you follow your dr's orders and the physio orders as well.

He did a lot of the physio at home to reinforce the physio excerises.

He used a very large can wrapped in a towel to do home excerises.  The large can that coffee comes in.

His suggestion to have an ice pack that you fill with ice cubes to put on top of his knee, on and off so that he could cut down on pain meds helped, especially at night if he couldn't sleep and did not want to take addtional pain meds.

You are going to do great, will be thinking of you and sending you healing vibes and warm hugs for your surgery date  

Take care

Eileen
            my angel is Lisa48                                        
balou
on 7/6/11 4:55 pm - toronto, Canada
Linda , good luck on your surgery , from your picture you are looking great let me know when your in town it would be great to see you again

Anna

Most Active
Recent Topics