cross addictions

debralight
on 7/17/11 10:55 am - Canada
After an epic shopping exursion today I think I have to both return some items and face that I'm in danger of developin a cross addiction - shopping.

Man it was satisfying.. try stuff on .. have it fit.. put some back because it was too big.. need to try a smaller size.. all very sweet.. very heady..

Was I shopping out of the joy of adding to my wardrobe or was I doing it for the high - the high I  used to get from eating?

Sometimes the best support  you can get isn't all purple puddles and pink rainbows.

Monica M.
on 7/17/11 11:25 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
it's probably a bit of both. It's nice to finally be able to walk into a store and pick things out of the "normal" section.
It's good to be aware that this might be a cross addiction. Make sure that you stay within your budget, and buy quality pieces that fit into your wardrobe. Return things if you have second thoughts.

debralight
on 7/17/11 11:32 am - Canada
I'm not really focussed on quality yet - more on keeping to a simple colour palate (black, grey, pink, purple) so that I can mix and match.. I'm planning on going down a size or two so I really don't want to invest.

Returning is definitely on the agenda. The one dress that isn't in the colour palate i have a pink top that goes perfectly with so I might justfiy that. The others all work in it.. just a case of editing...
Sometimes the best support  you can get isn't all purple puddles and pink rainbows.

Mariann M.
on 7/17/11 8:58 pm - Washago , Canada
I have found that I love to go into a store and be able to look at the "normal" racks and find something I can fit into and wear comfortably right away, and love even more that I can find something great on the discount racks !!!!!!
The only issue I had was looking for new smaller underwear, I wanted something that covers well, with maybe a little fun colour to it.
Do you think I could find any thing but black,white, beige, and grey. I then looked at the larger sizes and found the freaking rainbow!!!! I almost said I wish I was bigger again, because then I could have pretty underwear, lol. I thought is was amazing how things have changed over the last 15 years or so.

I guess I will be on the hunt for nice underware where ever I go.

debralight
on 7/17/11 11:34 pm - Canada
I am going for pretty bras, but I'm finally accepting that the brief parts need to be control tops to wrangle in the rolls... *sigh*

Karen M.
on 7/17/11 11:36 pm - Mississauga, Canada
"wrangle in the rolls"

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

bogie
on 7/18/11 10:44 am - Canada
Oh Debra I could so see myself having this addiction)
bogie    
HW 305.5  Optifast 290 SW  276.5  CW 249 GW 148  My angels are Connie and Leanne

Alycia87
on 7/19/11 6:33 am - London, ON
i wish shopping was my cross addiction! it could be worse

Barix Consultation May 26, 2009             OHIP Papers Faxed May 29, 2009
OHIP APPROVAL JULY 14, 2009!!        PATS August 3rd, 2009
Surgery August 13th, 2009

Starting Weight: 278 lbs
Current Weight: 109 lbs           Total loss so far of 169 lbs     BMI 18.7

alyciacrandon.jpg picture by Alycia87

Most Active
Recent Topics